The fate of my 3 BG- a Shakespearean tragedy

whosyourdaddy

I never could understand those damn car dashboard indicator symbols, so I didn't understand your gremlins. Way over my head.

I thought about writing GM and Ford - how about something logical, like f___king ENGLISH! The whole concept is stupid. Lets look at it - the Egyptians used hieroglyphics and after 2000 years we're STILL trying to understand what the hell they mean. So, lets go back to that, a pictoral, system. Smart. You just gotta sit back and wonder.

But I digress yet again.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Glad to hear about these wome.

IMO, looks does not indicate good person with strength. It must be very difficult for these women to adjust to normal life when they have to put up lots in bars.

I admire anyone who can become good wives and mothers even though I have not many of the good ones. ::

Cheers!

WYD,

Great for you to take the time and share your stories. Probably every guy who has lived and played the bar scene can relate and have similar experiences. Many guys though probably don't reflect too much time on what happens to each of their conquests and moves on to the next one.

Glad to see at least you had some feeling and concern for these women.

At the same time, after all said and done, do really expect outcomes and their lives to have happy endings? We may wish and hope so but the odds given a few exceptions are against them.

This is an adverse gruop of people (no fault of their own) just born into poor circumstances. Are they any difference then if you followed black welfare mothers, teenage drug addicts, high school drop-outs? Probably not....

Too bad there isn't a program like big sisters where these girls can be matched with a positive role model from the thai or even female falang community where they can be taken under their wing and be thrusted into a caring, supportive environment. For the most part, these girls are used and discarded by falangs for sex and entertainment (includes me).

At the same time I have helped one immensely and tried to do little things for some others. But the bottom line is there is a limited point of helping someone and each girl will travel down a treacherous path where the odds of any happiness or escape from poverty and immense family pressures are very remote at best.

I hate saying that "it is just the way it is "and "life is unfair " expressions, but there is a lot of truth to them.

So the least one can do is when in the company of a BG, is to make any time you spend with her is that she can experience a little happiness, respect and dignity even though it might be temporary and fleeting. At the same time, don't make unrealistic promises and create unreachable dreams in her mind. It is a difficult task to balance indeed......

Cardinalblue

Whosyourdaddy,

came across you thread only today and agree that catching HIV or a marriage to a German are cases with no hope. Apart from these accidents I doubt that all remaining bargirls consider themselves being loosers. Do all "normal" female careers outside the bar-scene end in glory ? What about working in a ricefield day and night , no husband at home and no cash but 3 children. God forbid, being married to an English-teacher. Looking at some of your previous posts last months I guess with your thread you intend to educate your readers how terrible it is to participate in the sex-industry whichever way. You may be right or wrong but the idea that the working ladies consider their daily life as a terrible fate is not true. There is a difference between what YOU think how they feel and what THEY think they are.

Against your 4 bad examples I have an alternative one where an ex ,well, working lady now has a house, restaurant , Isuzu pickup and as per last week she still lub me too mut :dunno:. If you consider a 1:4 success rate, it's almost worth a try .

Bbill, in defense of the evil.

May I ask how she acquired those luxuries? Through hard work or marrying into it?

At least the many many BGs who I have spoken with, I have not met one who is happy wth her chosen field of what she is doing. Many are ashamed and they see this life as the only way out to contribute financially usually to her family's well-being. Many also lie to her family or people who they are close to as to what they are doing.

It just sounds like you are trying to put a positive spin on something there is none. They are basically sacrificing themselves for other loved ones or obligatory gains. There is probably a very small percentage who only do it out of greed and self-interest. So many enter because of having a kid to support which seems to push them to the brink. Others might not have a kid, but face additional financial pressures to enter into it. I think very few choose it only after they have exercised other options and feel financial ends don't meet. Anyone who I have met would stayed working in a factory or a rice field if they could make the same money potentially as they can make in a bar. Even with potential $$$ ifloating in front of their eyes, many cannot do it. Look at the attrition rate. So many return home after a short try at it.......

Cardinalblue

"At least the many many BGs who I have spoken with, I have not met one who is happy wth her chosen field of what she is doing. Many are ashamed and they see this life as the only way out to contribute financially usually to her family's well-being."

There are plenty of BG's who move abroad, marry and get an opportuntity to turn their back on their past and don't do it.

I learnt of such a case the other day, she is living in a nice house with her husband who has money. Still, she has returned to the game in my country. She has 3 kids as well, is 23 years old. She is still living with her husband.

Whats the motivation?? Certainly not poverty or desperation, and I doubt if it was in Thailand either. Greed maybe? Could be gambling of course?

Not all of them are unhappy with what they do or want out, although plenty are.

Cheers!

Mr. Cardinalblue,

she aquired these "luxuries" because she is my girlfriend and I like her. In fact she is working hard at least since she has that restaurant.

Neither is my intention to praise the bargirl-job as a way to happyness nor do I think the driving force is greed. Certainly 99 % of the girls would prefer to have an organised family life without financial worries and a caring husband, but they do not have it. So working in the sex industry is the next easiest way to solve at least the money problem. I agree with your view they would prefer to work in a rice field rather than at patpong if the money was the same but it isn't. There is no fun in being shagged by anyone who pays and I can see nothing positive in that but what I wanted to say is that the ladies who decide to walk this path do not necessarily end up in misery and are not necessarily in tears all day. I understand Whosyourdaddy's post to support this point of view and I disagree.

I have never discussed this with any bargirls because I do not know any but know about several stories where well supported ex-bargirls escaped from their trouble-free Mia Noi status back in the industry due to boredom. Like you say, some of them return home after a short try of it, so there seems to be free choice either way as it looks.

Again, I am not promoting the sex industry as a tremendous possiblity but if a lady decides for example family pressure forces her to take the bus down south , then she has to go, others don't. I am talking about the farang scene , not the Thai brothel business with indebted girls. Oh dear if flyonzewall reads this.

Bbill

" God forbid, being married to an English-teacher"

Yes I truly understand since my wife is an English teacher :o

" Looking at some of your previous posts last months I guess with your thread you intend to educate your readers how terrible it is to participate in the sex-industry whichever way. "

I was just as shocked as anyone when I found out some recent information about the life of a BG. I never put much thought into it. Even in my most pestimestic of times did I think that life could be that bad for these young ladies of the night!!!

"There is a difference between what YOU think how they feel and what THEY think they are. "

Of course you are right since I would not have a clue what it would feel like to be HIV postive or living in a thai women's prison. I am sure my sadistic imaginations could come up with the horrors of those lives. I guess I should count my blessings!!!!!

Archived