Anna's Cafe - great food on Sanukhumvit!

samak

What you are talking about at Central Rama III, I think, is not an "Anna's Cafe" but an offshoot opened by a former Anna's partner. It's called like "Charlie's" and is a pasta place, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PD said:

"What you are talking about at Central Rama III, I think, is not an "Anna's Cafe" but an offshoot opened by a former Anna's partner. It's called like "Charlie's" and is a pasta place, right?"

No there is also a very small "Annas Cafe" on the same floor as "Pasta Charlies".

Charlie used to be the manager of the Sala Daeng Annas Cafe and quit about 18 months ago to start his own chain of restaurants. I often wondered if Annas Cafe on Rama 3 was a "spite" branch started by his former employer to take some business away from Pasta Charlies???

Charlie is a very gregarious guy who was a real asset to Annas. He was very well liked by his staff and knew how to make diners feel welcome. He lived in the states for years (SF I think) and ran a restaurant there. I hope his "Pasta Charlie" restaurants do well.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently ate at Anna's on Suk for dinner. Decent food nice decor. The menu was Thai and International along with some fusion cuisine. They played light and jazz type music on the soundsystem. Reminded me of a chic NYC style restaurant. There seemed to be a mixed clientele of farang tourist types and Thai families and Thai office workers. I didn't see the farang with the stereotypical looking BG in tow. The only fault with the decor was the cheap paper napkins. The napkins did not fit with the the rest of the table setting or upscale look the plce is attepting to portray. Spend a few more bucks for cloth or fancy paper napkins.

The only thing that bugged me was that the entire wait staff was male and not completely attentive(they were a little slow on the service), I expect an all male staff at a top traditional Italian restaurant in Italy or the States but not in a Thai restaurant in Thailand! I want to see some smiling female beauties!

I would eat there again.

you wrote: I expect an all male staff at a top traditional Italian restaurant in Italy or the States but not in a Thai restaurant in Thailand! I want to see some smiling female beauties!

Funny that you emphasize the gender dimension as opposed to the ethnic, regarding italian restaurants. In Thailand, what really GETS me when looking into an ital. place is the absence of ANY italians....always makes me suspect about the authenticity of the food. Anyone know where italian cooks are in bangkok or patt?

Says june11:

Anyone know where italian cooks are in bangkok or patt?

In Bankgok, I like the Paparazzi at Chateau de Bangkok on Ruam Rudee. Also, one of the best is Gianni's restaurant near Central Chidlom. Both have Italian chefs as managers or owners and the service is great at both. Especially Giannis. :)

Says samak:

Says shygye:

How are the prices?

look at the first post of the thread; 80-100 for most main dishes; some seafood and fish dishes 150plus

Most expensive dish I have seen on the menu was 250bt for a seafood dish.

Archived