Best GoGo in Bangkok - update

khunsanuk

Hi,

Funny how fast things change. Only 3 months after closing the vote on the Best GoGo Bar in Bangkok 2002 the playing field has been changed drastically already.

Angelwitch, winner of 2003, is no longer in the top 5.

Current ranking is:

1 Silver Dragon (NEP)

2 Suzy Wong (SC)

3 After School (SC)

4 Tilac (SC)

5 Midnite (SC)

Kinda surprising also that while the top bar is in NEP, all others are in SC.

Of course we are only a few months into the year, so anything can still happen.

Sanuk!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"How is this ranking determined?"

Any member (of the memberarea) can rate any of the bars once a month. The rating is done by giving it a score of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest).

The ranking is then determined by sorting the bars on average score (i.e. total points / total votes).

I also set a minimum for the amount of votes given before allowing the bar into the ranking. (One person giving a 10 means less than 5 people giving an average of 8.5)

Sanuk!

I don't mean to flame or anything, but the G-Spot used to be my favorite in BKK. Personally I have seen it go way down hill. The last few times there, less and less girls dancing. Even with staring eye contact the girls were cold as ice. It used to be traditionally my first stop at NEP. Now I avoid it like Cassanova.

ZMAN Z28

Your question illustrates the major flaw of the rankings: the voters are self-selecting. Doubly so, as first they must choose to become membership buyers then they must choose to participate. Small sample size and lack of randomization among the survey participants means the results are statistically invalid.

Archived