Best GoGo in Bangkok - update

khunsanuk

Hi,

Valid points, but then again the plaque being presented at the end of the year says "as voted by the members of Nanaplaza.Com" (or words to that effect, don't have a copy here).

I still think that, given the amount of different people voting, it gives a reasonable representation of the situation.

Sanuk!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says ZMAN Z28:

I don't mean to flame or anything, but the G-Spot used to be my favorite in BKK. Personally I have seen it go way down hill. The last few times there, less and less girls dancing. Even with staring eye contact the girls were cold as ice. It used to be traditionally my first stop at NEP. Now I avoid it like Cassanova.

ZMAN Z28

Hi zman,

I agree with you really. I still like it because I know some of the staff there and I just like the layout. I like it for sentimental reasons, you might say.

Objectively, I totally agree that it has gone downhill.

I have never been to Casanova - maybe I should give it a try. Is it as bad as Rosemary?

Khwai

I think these ratings would be enhanced if we were given some reasons for the votes.

I mean, what constitutes "best"?

I can think of some categories for them to be rated in....

attractiveness of the girls

attitude of the girls

atmosphere of the place

etc etc.

but even there, you can't just RANK them... ya need some kind of comments.

For example, if I'm into watching tall leggy girls with fuller breasts, then that's one thing... if I'm into having mulitple tongues probe my orifices while I sip a Carlsberg (meanwhile probing a few myself), that's another.

what's needed is for a rundown of what makes these places good. What is it that's so great about Silver Dragon? Ive been there and would never put it at the top of my list, not close. But maybe there's some key aspect of it that I'm missing... must be. I've been to two bars that aren't on the list, and was totally blown away by my experiences there.

So I think what's needed (in addition to this voting) is more of a rundown of all the top bars, with a mini-review and mention of what it is that sets it apart from the rest.

<<IMO none of this five is sleazy. if sleazy bars than we would have from PP SOL and kangaroo and from SC maybe apache and crazy cats >>

Heh heh. Define "sleazy".

Now we're getting somewhere. ::

Hi,

While this is a great idea, it does not make it any easier to pick a winner. Having different categories also makes it more difficult.

Basically the reasoning behind the ranking system is to show which bars are 'good' and which are not. Obviously different people have different tastes, but if a bar has an average of 3.2 with 30+ votes you can pretty much assume that there is a more than average chance that the bar sucks.

The problem with reviews is getting people to write them. Inside the memberarea there are several barreviews and there is an option to give your comments on the bar as well. Very few people bother to do so.

Having said that I have been considering adding reviews to the ranking system, similar to the one for the hotel ranking.

Sanuk!

well sure, if you want to pick one winner then that may not be the way to go about it.

I guess I'm just into hearing more about what makes a place good, or worth visiting as opposed to others. Like on one night I might be very into a place like Afterskool, and on another one that big Hollywood bar at the top of NEP -- very different places offering very different types of thrills.

So for me, "best" is less useful than getting some kind of info on what makes it good. Cuz I frankly have no idea what would make someone choose Silver Dragon as best. And I sure as hell want to know. And yes, I did go there. Whatever quality it was that put it over the top, to me it was not self-evident.

Of your total forum site visitors, what % are paying members? Id' bet you'd get a lot more info submitted if non-members were allowed to add to it. A theory anyway. I say that as a non-member who has not seen this guide you referred to. Too broke to pay right now. Sorry.

Hi,

"Id' bet you'd get a lot more info submitted if non-members were allowed to add to it."

Of course, but I need some incentive for people to sign up, don't I? :)

"Too broke to pay right now. Sorry."

No need to be sorry. Your money, you're free to spend it as you see fit.

Sanuk!

I never got to know any of the staff myself, but as you say sentimental reasons keep you coming back for a visit. And yes I agree, because of the same reasons, I will never forget the great time I had my first time ever. Acually it was my very first experience ever in NEP and I will never forget the shower show. So will I be back there, probably so. Will I stay for more then a drink, probably not. Unless it changes back to its glory days.

ZMAN

KS, just a though: if you allowed all members to vote you'd get the broadest voting audience & then ONLY allowed PAYING members to view the results/rankings I think that'd be an even higher incentive to join & on top of that you'll avoid discussions like this one from non members ;)

cheers!

Archived