LEAVE A TIP AND DON'T BE A CHEAP P****!!!

JJsushi

Says June11: "Seriously, I think what I may do from now on, when they return all these little coins, is to say NO LIKE, point at them, and take them all (somehow letting them now they I WOULD HAVE tipped them if they hadn't left all those annyoing coins)..."

LOL. Nice try, sir, but fell at the first fence. I tried your suggested strategy last night in a Pattaya beer bar. There was some sort of promotion on so I got one big beer for 35 baht. Received cursory service and no chit-chat or further attention from the barmaid or any of the other gals in the joint. Drank my beer quickly in peace then paid with a 100 baht note. The serving bird comes back with one 20 baht note on the saucer and the rest in 10 and 5 baht coins. I take the note then point at the coins, frown and, in my best Thai-glish, say "SMALL COIN I NO LIKE!" The bird smiles at me and replies: "You no like you give meeee. Me like!" :grinyes:

And I happily handed over all the coins without further discussion.

jack :drunk:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says shygye:

[color:"green"] Bars have cashiers who give the change. Who do you think instructs the cashiers how to return the change?
[/color]

The dek servers! The owner, who fines the girls for every little thing, does not give a sh*t how much you tip. You really lost it on this one JJ.
:drunk:

Oh yeah the managers really go through all of the trouble of getting the extra coinage because it is convenient for them? Think about it. Maybe there is a dek serve conspiracy in every bar to return the change in 10bt coins? The dek serves are also the ones who invented the general tip jar that is shared by all of the service type workers at the end of the night too? You honestly don't think the coins you leave on the tray actually goes to the girl who served you do you?

BTW- I lose it on many things so this would not tbe the first or the last.

You seem to be a person who thinks along similar lines as me.

It is not about 'punishing' anyone - but expressing a little displeasure.

My American girlfriend once picked up the tab after a dinner where the service was quite crappy. She left about $4.00 tip, which was only about 5-6% and told me

"I left him a shitty tip because of the rotten service"

::

::

Are you suggesting all the tips leftby customersgoes to the bar ownersand not the girls.

True the tip you leave does not do direct to the girl but in a jar/boxand is then sharedby thewaitress/dek serves.

If they did not receive this money they wouldn't try so hard to get it.

Says greg:

Are you suggesting all the tips leftby customersgoes to the bar ownersand not the girls.

True the tip you leave does not do direct to the girl but in a jar/boxand is then sharedby thewaitress/dek serves.

If they did not receive this money they wouldn't try so hard to get it.

No, I am not suggesting that. The tips left on the tray go to the general tip jar that is shared by all of the service folk who work that night. handing the girl a tip goes to her. Some people do not know that there is a difference between tipping the bar staff and tipping the girl.

Says torneyboy:

Says june11:

Just wanted to commend torneyboy for his excellent reply.

OOPS.

A Gremlin ate my reply
:o

I was saying that when i was in the bars in October i had no trouble with the tip.

My wife picked up the dish took all monie and gave the girl something and said to me ""enough for her lets go to the next bar""
:grinyes:

I like that attitude!! Your wife has her priorities right ;)

Thaipan

Says Fiery Jack:

Says June11: "Seriously, I think what I may do from now on, when they return all these little coins, is to say NO LIKE, point at them, and take them all (somehow letting them now they I WOULD HAVE tipped them if they hadn't left all those annyoing coins)..."

LOL. Nice try, sir, but fell at the first fence. I tried your suggested strategy last night in a Pattaya beer bar. There was some sort of promotion on so I got one big beer for 35 baht. Received cursory service and no chit-chat or further attention from the barmaid or any of the other gals in the joint. Drank my beer quickly in peace then paid with a 100 baht note. The serving bird comes back with one 20 baht note on the saucer and the rest in 10 and 5 baht coins. I take the note then point at the coins, frown and, in my best Thai-glish, say "SMALL COIN I NO LIKE!" The bird smiles at me and replies: "You no like you give meeee. Me like!"
:grinyes:

And I happily handed over all the coins without further discussion.

jack
:drunk:

Good for her and good for you too Jack, I would have done exactly the same! Some of these girls are really quick ::

Thaipan

Archived