funny that the girls don't get it.

pattaya127

I find it funny that the girls working in the nightlife think that, contrary to the reality (which is that 99% of farangs who want their company are sex-starving or abstinent the rest of the year), farangs do this 365 days a year. I can recall a few conversations with girls, and any explaining i gave did not seem to hit the target. As they see farangs in LOS p4p, they think that's what farang life is all year round . Obviously, not seeing beyond the tip of their nose (you can use another word, of course :o), they can't work out in their brains how in the hell a guy can work, sleep, drink all night, then spend his money fucking all year round. And most of all, why he is coming to Thailand, if it was so?

PS: feel free to adress other aspects of basic misunderstandings between TGs and farangs.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P127,

Its not just the BGs, I have spoke to "educated" Thai's who have all sorts of interesting misconceptions about us Farangs. Most of these are gleamed from popular TV shows and movies. At least the BGs are basing their assumptioms on direct observations.

But I agree with you, most of these girls do belive we party year round and simply bring it to Thailand for a couple of weeks before moving to our next party destination. If only!

damn p127 that is just so spot on IMO, but of course there's few TG exceptions ;)

even when I try to say I stay in the most boring country with most ugly/fat ladies - say England just as an example :grinyes: - she still can't come to grasp with it :banghead:

well up to her I say ... :eek:

P127,

that's exactly what my wife's mum thought.

We live in Samui and she gets a good example of partying here. My wife told me one night that this was exactly what she thought ::

Guess she has a slightly different view now, at least of one farang. :)

I wish I did have the money to do that, there would be no real need to ever leave the states or thailand for lack of finance at least. I have to save for a few months and stay celibate unless an opportunity comes up to romp (which is rare unless you got wads of cash already), then I get my sex crazed self to the LOS and party like crazy. If they only knew the agony of waiting to come back, it would floor'em.

P127,I think you have a good point. The BG Rarely thinks beyond the bar enviroment. That is what they see every nite. And really could care less about anything outside of that. But that is what is expected I suppose. What I mean is this. Showed a BG a world map to expain where I live. She could not even point out North America! And I could see that she could not care less. That one episode explained alot to me about the BG world. Bigfun

That one episode explained alot to me about the BG world.

-----------------------------

that is not just the bar world and nightlife environment. There are only a few thais who would point out North America, and even if they know where it is, they could not care less to play the game of showing it to you, or wonder why it's so important to have knowledge. As much as i dig Thailand and thai life, i must say this is one of the most inwardly turned culture in the world, and ignorant as far as being curious (beyond TV news tidbits) about places beyond their own doorstep. Anyone who has taken girls (again, does not have to be rented wives) around Thailand will know what I am talking about: we simply are the guides, not them. But they'll spot a somtam stall faster than you say the word. eat, sleep, screw and watch TV, sums it up for the majority of them. Oops, i forgot reading cartoons....

Don't limit that to "girls working in the nightlife". My GF in Chiang Mai has told me it is OK for me to visit "lady sell body" in America, because men have those needs (use condom and don't fall in love tho). She thinks I can just walk into any bar and take my pick.

When I call her she might ask me what I did last night. If I told her I went out to play darts She will ask if I took a lady home. I try to convince her it isn't like that. She asks if there are ladies in the bar. Well yes, but they are customers or they work there. Ah same-same Thailand? No tilak. Not same same. I explain it is just like the karaoke bar she used to own. She tells me no, not same-same. Only Thais at her karaoke bar! :banghead:

She calls me often enough now (in the evening for me), to finally figure out I do not go out and party and drink every night, let alone have girls over. If it wasn't for Mexico I wouldn't have any non-LOS action at all! SHe doesn't believe me totally. SHe knows men can not sleep without having a lady. Of course I like that line of thought when I am with her!

Other basic misunderstandings? Trying to get out of her how her automobile insurance works (who pays, how she pays, what is covered, who is covered) for her new car. :banghead:

Another: She just hates that when I drive I only park where it is allowed. And horror of horrors, last Loy Krathong, I (GASP) PAID 20 baht to park the car ::. There was a perfectly nice no parking zone right next to the post office that was open. Of course as we left we saw that the spot was filled with cars. I may never hear the end of this. I returned to her house a few weeks later, pulled her car up to the gate, and she would not let me in until I paid her 20 baht to park. The family just loved that shit. No one can run a joke into the ground like a Thai girl, so I can picture me on my death bed in 50 years and she is telling me I will need 20 baht to park in heaven (as if).

>>>She could not even point out North America! <<<

well, american's are not overly famous for knowing (or caring) what is happening over the world as well.

i can still remember the disappointed american tourists we had in my hometown year after year when they found out that we germans don't all run around with lederhosen day in day out.

>>>I find it funny that the girls working in the nightlife think that, contrary to the reality (which is that 99% of farangs who want their company are sex-starving or abstinent the rest of the year), farangs do this 365 days a year. <<<

it has more to do with their lack of education. i mean, if they would have had all the opportunities to go to university you would most likely not find them in the bars.

what i think is more than embarassing is the huge amount of westerners who have lived here for years who still are not able to speak one comprehensible sentence in thai, the people who still complain about purachai without realising that he hasn't been interiour minister anymore since ages.

or the westerners living here who still haven't learned that you don't wai every bargirl half your age when entering a bar...

Archived