funny that the girls don't get it.

pattaya127

... or the guys who think just because thailand is a buddhist country people all are happy and everything is a paradise and turn all cynic when they find out that people here are still just people.

do i need to go on?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting post, It's still amazing after 15 trips to Thailand and being married to a Thai lady that there are still some new slants on things that I haven't thought of. Maybe when I tell her I had a few quiet pints down the the local with my mates she thinks that I've gone down the local kareoke and barfined a local English lass for the night ! I wonder...........

Says PhatPhak:

P127,

Its not just the BGs, I have spoke to "educated" Thai's who have all sorts of interesting misconceptions about us Farangs. Most of these are gleamed from popular TV shows and movies.

Surely this works both ways. I cant tell you the number of times I have mentioned to someone that I am going to LOS and their first response is "Sucky-Fucky" or "Love you Long Time"

Maybe I hang around too many sex starved degenerates or big fans of vietnam war movies? ::

I met a guy once from Lichtenstein. ::

He told me he was held at New York customs because they didn't believe it was a country and his passport was not real!!

I wonder what they do with people from Togo, Mali, Eritrea, etc.

Says valentinoxxx:

Erm... there was a survey done recently showing most Americans couldn't pinpoint countries on a map. Not a good example. Ah, here it is;

Does this explain the same to you about young Americans?
;)

I went through those answers in detail and the Germans seem suspiciously good on knowing where everything is. I can picture the kids at kindergarten being drilled: "And in World War 3, we're going to invade this country first.." :grinyes:

Archived