funny that the girls don't get it.

pattaya127

>>>Overall, Thailand is a lot like most places. A minority of the people are high goal oriented and succeed and the remainder are average wage earners. In the U.S. not everyone goes to college or wants to. Not all of us on here have post graduate degrees and high paying jobs. The ones that do in our respective countries may think that we ' don't get it'. <<<

i think that sums it up rather well.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes me suspicious is people who think they are the only ones with valid opinions and only their experience matters. People like that always seem to pass off their own generalizations and then scream really loudly that people who don't agree with them are generalizing.

I don't recall any post where p127 said all bar girls are stupid or that all Thai people are stupid, and I never said that either. You are extrapolating comments on the narrowly focused topic we're discussing to suit your agenda.

Your comments about ignorance of westerners and the strata of westerners that come here are telling. Naturally you're talking about *other* people right?

This post is not in response to anyone in particular.

I don't have the experience with enough Thais to know whether P127's observations are accurate or not as generalizations. In any event, it occurs to me that perhaps one (just one of many) of the reasons why TG's initially seem so sweet and attractive to some of us is their apparent cultural tendancy to relatively passively accept things as they are and go with the flow [e.g., up to you], versus the typical tendancy of people from the west, who when not satisfied with the status quo, actively try to impose themselves on the situation in an effort to change it. Perhaps the Thai attitude stems from the Buddhist ideal to not be constantly consumed by desire.

While there are many attractive things to me about the Thai culture and the personality of TG's, I wonder if the long term relationship problems so well described by Phoenix, would ultimately be a source of serious disatisfaction for me as well.

Guest lazyphil

<<Which is why I advise anyone who cares for a girl to not wait and take her home ASAP, away from the vacuum of her daily and repetitious life. they are not stupid, they just need to be shown their life does not have to be defined by the limited choices they had in Thailand>>

Then if you do this cynics say you have a human project on your hands :: :: ::

>>>Your comments about ignorance of westerners and the strata of westerners that come here are telling.<

telling what?

the rest of the comment i better ignore.

>>>perhaps one (just one of many) of the reasons why TG's initially seem so sweet and attractive to some of us is their apparent cultural tendancy to relatively passively accept things as they are and go with the flow [e.g., up to you],<<<

if you are in a longterm relationship with a girl here you don't need to pay for company you will find out that they are very much like everybody else, and not very passive at all.

that up to you thing is, by the way, a mistranslation. girls here us it instead of "daam jai", which means correctly translated 'follow your heart'. which between the lines means that you should instinctively know what she wants, and if you don't then you will suffer for it.

nah, forget buddhism in that situation, it's just people...

KH, Fly, some thai restraint here. Stay on the course, stick to the specifics. So, Fly, what was your friend's take on greek tragedy? Did he find interesting to compare the mythology of the Ramakien to Ulysse striving to go home and save Penelope from her suitors? Would hanuman resist the sirens calls? Enquiring minds want to know... ::

that up to you thing is, by the way, a mistranslation. girls here us it instead of "daam jai", which means correctly translated 'follow your heart'. which between the lines means that you should instinctively know what she wants, and if you don't then you will suffer for it.

Very interesting.

nah, more about the roots of democracy in athens and the way rome, once a republic, took over most of the known world... :rolleyes:

oh yeah, and we touched on the subject of the similarities of greek, roman and hindu gods. ;)

>Nope, and I challenge you to prove otherwise: in Pattaya, i do not have impression, I have experience and some say even: expertise.

>So you asked 2 girls. Stop asking, spend some time with them and their friends, hear what they say, do not ask questions, just hang around, do that for a few years, and come back to tell us.

You posted a thought that had occurred to you. When I saw it, I just asked 2 girls that happened to be around. Could have said what I did without mentioning that.

Their answer was even harsher - "him die tomorrow, I am not care".

Staying with them and their friends? That's what I do, 70-80 days a year. All eyes and ears, sussing up whatever is being said.

It was all about what do they think we do day in day out at home.

They think nothing.

>I can ask a Tg a question, the answers may be different according to the hour of the day. Thais hate questions, BGs even more, you should know....

Agree. Could be that I am asking in a different way. How else would friends of my gf call and ask to come in and talk to me about their love problems? When taken to "Lumpen" parties, almost always my gf would ask me to talk to some of her friends and provide some counceling.

I guess, my diploma and credibility radiates from my gf's success. She was not much better than other of her co-workers.

Archived