Swedish in Samui / Lamai (pricks)

Fidel

I'm kind of sorry I started this thread, believe it or not, I didn't intend to open a Swede bashing thread.

This was one specific group of Swedes in one place in Thailand. However, if it is culturally acceptable in general in Sweden to speak to someone as they spoke to me then Sweden must be a very strange country indeed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In my experience. Swedes in Sweden.. great. In LOS, sometimes not so great."

Well, coming from the country in question I'd like to say that not all Swedes in Sweden are that ... great! ::

One sure does meet strange people when travelling, no matter what country they may come from.

Anyway, those down in Samui were rude - no question about it.

Fredro

Perhaps you should repeat your stance one more time.again so we are all clear.One more time please-

Ok perhaps even if should not have sat down they were really rude by making the event into a you are not a Swede bugger-off theme-

I myself have never had a problem like this with Swedes but if he was rude they were surely ruder.Duh :banghead:

Jitagawn,

rude Swedes are mostly Mexican. Wanted to say Dutch but then HE might ban me. Alholk as such is not rude but just in bad mood most of the time. Beware of coconuts on Koh Samui , they can be outright rude. Rumsfeld is after them. I know this from GoosebayPisshead.

Bbill

Hi!

you are not a Swede bugger-off

Precisely this has happened to me at a Brittish bar except that the attitude was: "you'rw not brittish - sod off". This doesn't mean that I think all Brittons are aresholes, quite on the contrary.

However if someone is rude to me I don't feel obliged to be polite back. In fact I belive I have the right to respond even ruder and those who have read the various boards for some time know that I'm good at it.

:grinyes::grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes::grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

Hi ALHOLK,

Yes, I am quite familiar with the Elsinor "weekend immigration" from Sweden and the problems it causes.

But I am sure the same things goes on in Puttgarden/Travemunde/Warnemunde where danish shoppers go to do the very same thing during the weekends.

During my travels I have met arseholes from many countries

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. Me too.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

"In my experience. Swedes in Sweden.. great. In LOS, sometimes not so great."

Replace Swedes and Sweden with any country and this would hold true.

I really don't like to tell people who I am during the board meets because I've met some real winners.

Last week, I went to a bar and some guy recognized me, so I sat down. We talked. Then I realized his breath smelled like crap (can't believe the girls actually talked to him). Then he was espousing all these "realisms" and that every girl was on the "game" (hardened) and that one girl was trying to work him buy getting him to barfine her early, or she'll get taken out. He's not going to fall for that crap. Well guess what, he arrived at the bar and guess who wasn't there? She got barfined and he's alone.... Anyways, I'm a nice guy, but I eventually had to be extremely rude to this guy to get him to leave. He couldn't take a hint at all.

Gahhh

g-

Says buffalo_bill:

Jitagawn,

rude Swedes are mostly Mexican. Wanted to say Dutch but then HE might ban me. Alholk as such is not rude but just in bad mood most of the time. Beware of coconuts on Koh Samui , they can be outright rude. Rumsfeld is after them. I know this from GoosebayPisshead.

Bbill

I'll be there as well to haunt your dreams :onfire: :cussing:

:grinyes::neener:

There's 2 things I don't like, people who can't tolerate other people and the Dutch :o

Alholk says

"However if someone is rude to me I don't feel obliged to be polite back. In fact I belive I

have the right to respond even ruder"

The above type of attitude surely makes the world a better place?- Not.

I think it is best NOT to stoop to the level of the ignorant masses.

But each to their own and lets end this exchange. Better things to do no?? :

Archived