Can you Guys Cook?

Torneyboy

Thai's in Thailand make the best of the best foods and I bow down to them. The price is right too. But I still like eating farang food a lot so I cook up a storm and can find all the ingredients I need by tapping into Villa and the Emporium market. The one farang food I don't cook is pizza cuz Pizza company makes good pizza with free delivery and you get a bonus of those little oregano and chili packets to use for cooking other stuff :).I cook your basic meat, taters, and gravy type meals. I also make a lot of chilli, sloppy joe's, welsh rabbit and pasta to name a few. You can also find nice deli meats and cheeses, chips and salsa, and such for simple meals. Have adapted to not having an oven or even a microwave. This and the fact that you can't just wimp out and buy premade frozen items at the markets has made me a better cook. But for Thai food, the Thai's are just awesome.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Old Hippie:

HELL YES!! it is one of my passions! I wouldn't be this size otherwise! (no joke!) I have even fed a few guys from this board, and non have died yet!
:)
I can basically cook anything if I have a recipe! I agree with Gummi, cooking from scratch is the best!

Years back, a guy told me "...jerk off and learn to cook, or buy a 'ho now then, pay her to get the hell out, then fry you up sometin' to eat, you'll avoid life's biggest problem this way..."

He was right.

I enjoy to cook but when i was divorced and alone (apart from my sons) i HAD to cook 7 nights a week and became a real chore.

The boys would say can we have something different tonight PLEASE.

Anyway i got better and more variety.

Now my Thai wife owns her own Restaurant so i cook Ozzie twice a week max.

She enjoys my dishes i might add as do the thai friends that come over for some real food ::

I have trouble getting everything ready to serve at the same time if more than 4 i have to say.

Says Escape Rabbit:

Thai's in Thailand make the best of the best foods and I bow down to them. The price is right too. But I still like eating farang food a lot so I cook up a storm and can find all the ingredients I need by tapping into Villa and the Emporium market. The one farang food I don't cook is pizza cuz Pizza company makes good pizza with free delivery and you get a bonus of those little oregano and chili packets to use for cooking other stuff
:)
.I cook your basic meat, taters, and gravy type meals. I also make a lot of chilli, sloppy joe's, welsh rabbit and pasta to name a few. You can also find nice deli meats and cheeses, chips and salsa, and such for simple meals. Have adapted to not having an oven or even a microwave. This and the fact that you can't just wimp out and buy premade frozen items at the markets has made me a better cook. But for Thai food, the Thai's are just awesome.

Good on you there are a lot of guys that wont even try they grab the phone for take away if the chief cook and bottle washer is out of town for 1 day.

But i must say a couple of years ago i would come home at 6pm had a s*** of a day and the last thing i wont to do is cook,but i had to.

once i got going i was all right but getting to step one was hard.

Ok Give me a quick pasta dish if you don''t mind

Thanks

One of my hobbies Torneyboy.

I like to throw parties and have cooked up various dishes for the masses -- roast turkeys with apricot stuffing, whole salmon stuffed with wild rice, huge paella dishes. All of these I do on the Webber and not without a beer/wine in hand! :drunk:

As for Thai food, I generally leave it to the professionals, much like you.

"...Sorry i forgot to ask what are 2 of your best dishes?? ..."

Thai food, maybe Laab Moo and Gang ped panang, both go extreamely fast when served at the Thai temple here (where I study Thai) to Thais!

I can cook damned near anything really, don't have a specialty per se... I do agree, it can get old after awhile, but it does save money and I do eat better. I mean I can have a fillet Mignon in Cognac sauce for the same price as a MacDonald's "value meal."

Says Old Hippie:

"...Sorry i forgot to ask what are 2 of your best dishes?? ..."

Thai food, maybe Laab Moo and Gang ped panang, both go extreamely fast when served at the Thai temple here (where I study Thai) to Thais!

I can cook damned near anything really, don't have a specialty per se... I do agree, it can get old after awhile, but it does save money and I do eat better. I mean I can have a fillet Mignon in Cognac sauce for the same price as a MacDonald's "value meal."

All from books and self taught?

Or had som training?

Says Roppongi:

One of my hobbies Torneyboy.

I like to throw parties and have cooked up various dishes for the masses -- roast turkeys with apricot stuffing, whole salmon stuffed with wild rice, huge paella dishes. All of these I do on the Webber and not without a beer/wine in hand!
:drunk:

As for Thai food, I generally leave it to the professionals, much like you.

Sounds great.

I think the wine helps the chef with his creative juices ::

My wife loves Salmon(not smoked) and oysters..when not having Thai.

Says ZMAN Z28:

I can make up some pretty good Enchiladas, and Mexican food. I can cook some good italian food. The only Thai food

I can cook is Lop Gai, but it doesn't taste as good as in Thailand made on the street.

ZMAN

Yeah leave thai cooking to the Thais,

Although in Sydney we have a guy an OZ guy who has won many awards for his thai restaurant... :dunno:

Italian..what dishes do you cook i like Italian as well

Archived