Can you Guys Cook?

Torneyboy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...All from books and self taught?

Or had som training?..."

Mainly self taught. I did take a class at the Thai house Restaurant on Soi 5, but it was mainly for fun, didn't really learn much... :) I can also wing a lot of Italian dishes, just from experience...

Says Old Hippie:

"...All from books and self taught?

Or had som training?..."

Mainly self taught. I did take a class at the Thai house Restaurant on Soi 5, but it was mainly for fun, didn't really learn much...
:)
I can also wing a lot of Italian dishes, just from experience...

Some italian dishes you can suggest along with tips you have learned would be great please.

Okay, I've ruined an 18" Caphelon sauce pan. I was reducing some cream sauce when company got frisky and I got sidetracked. By the time I got back (we ar talking atleast 4 hours, I forget) the cream was cooked right into the surface. I'm just glad I was reducing so the pot only had a very light flame. Thank god no fires (least in the kitchen).

I had a friend who melted his silverware into a pan. He was stirring the soup and the phone rang. Forgot about the whole thing until the smoke alarm went off. Still wonder what type of silverware he had.

<<burp>>

Says gummigut:

Okay, I've ruined an 18" Caphelon sauce pan. I was reducing some cream sauce when company got frisky and I got sidetracked. By the time I got back (we ar talking atleast 4 hours, I forget) the cream was cooked right into the surface. I'm just glad I was reducing so the pot only had a very light flame. Thank god no fires (least in the kitchen).

I had a friend who melted his silverware into a pan. He was stirring the soup and the phone rang. Forgot about the whole thing until the smoke alarm went off. Still wonder what type of silverware he had.

<<burp>>

4 hours you Superman?

Maybe change the name of thread to NO we can not cook,put you and Lazyphil in the kitchen and Boom :neener:

Hi TB,

love to cook. Before moving to LOS, when I was I had to cook everyday and mainly cooked Thai food.

Living in LOS now I mainly cook some mean pasta's, my wife loves them.

Sometimes some basic stuff, meat, potato, veggies.

I'm not a chef but I know my around in a kitchen and as soon as there's a recipe, I think I can make it work.

Loved to have people over and cook for them, guess I'm too lazy now.

Most of the time we eat outside or order........

It's a lot more convenient now to cook in Samui, since Lotus opened a few months back.

Archived