Can you Guys Cook?

Torneyboy

Not talking about throwing half a cow on the BBQ and just before the fire brigade arrives you serve it up to your friends>

Are you allowed to cook?

Or can you or do you like to cook?

What do you cook or make for dinner for your wife/GF?

Is it good?

I do a mean pepper steak,pepper chicken..and my garlic prawns are to die for.

Also roast chicken/beef/pork not bad and the Thais love them

And you?? :dunno:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i let the experts cook...too many cooks spoil the broth

i used to cook before i moved to thailand. now living in a area with 20 foodstalls within hundred yards and dozens and dozens of good restaurants (with foods from all nations) within a mile and delivery service (food by phone and room service and all the pizza and fast food chains..); why should i cook?

Because it's cathartic :)

Because there is a unique pleasure in serving food you prepared, especially if done by scratch.

You can't get the same food you can if you make it yourself. Small stuff, like making the breadcrumbs yourself. Making them out of different types of bread will give you unique flavorings.

The peace of mind you know EXACTLY what went into your food :)

Because the stall seller isn't having a cold and you really didn't see that drip fall from her nose, ewwwww

Last but not least, you can lick the bowl that you used to make dessert!!!

<<burp>>

Says samak:

i let the experts cook...too many cooks spoil the broth

i used to cook before i moved to thailand. now living in a area with 20 foodstalls within hundred yards and dozens and dozens of good restaurants (with foods from all nations) within a mile and delivery service (food by phone and room service and all the pizza and fast food chains..); why should i cook?

Because you can''t :neener:

Says carew66:

Quite so. Every man should be able to cook. Not perhaps Michelin or Escoffier etc, just a few basic nutritious meals. Oh - and at least one really good one (for the purposes of seduction).
;)

You never know when it'll come in handy.

Yes a very important skill IMO.

And can be fun as well as long as have the time for preperation.

HELL YES!! it is one of my passions! I wouldn't be this size otherwise! (no joke!) I have even fed a few guys from this board, and non have died yet! :) I can basically cook anything if I have a recipe! I agree with Gummi, cooking from scratch is the best!

Years back, a guy told me "...jerk off and learn to cook, or buy a 'ho now then, pay her to get the hell out, then fry you up sometin' to eat, you'll avoid life's biggest problem this way..."

He was right.

Archived