I need help..or do I???

its accepted in Thai society.

----------------------

then, why is it criminalised/illegal with usually the burden of the law against the women more than the customers?

Maybe Fly knows more about it than me, but my feeling is that for every Pattaya girl who does what she wants in such tourist enclaves, there are a few who indeed get to "pay" for their "sin", either as a bribe to police or mafia, or brought to the justice system. really, IMO, I do not have any numbers on this.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P127, we are comparing apples and oranges. Compared to some poor countries where a girl can serve time ( or worse) if caught selling herself, Thailand is a piece of cake.

Cuba, where prostitution is very widespread regulary send girls to dentention camps for a couple of years when the cops want that. In VietNam, its enough for a student to be caught late in a niteclub to be thrown out of the studies. The rules in muslim countries are more strix..

Some countries change over time. I remember Mozambique during civil war. Not possible to get a girl into a hotel. These days? Easy

Yes, prostitution in Thailand is illegal. The girls don't hide themself when they offer their services though.

As you said Thais don't want to show that they accept it easily and they have 2 faces. But the facts speak for themself.

Cheers!

The girls don't hide themself when they offer their services though.

-----------------------------------

still, culturally and geographically, prostitution is "ghettoed", wherver it's a tourists enclave like NanaP or Pattaya, or a brothel at the end of town or a dark street. The very fact that places of prostitutions are called "clubs" or "karaokes" or "singsong bars" tell us thais (in their modern make up) are hypocritical about it as much as us in the west. No more, no less, probably.

"My reply was simply about Thailand and how thais do or do not accept prostitution. Not a case of comparing countries, as I was not commenting on the gravity or incidence of it comparing to others. "

Well, you were comparing Thailand and US yourself.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

For those who may of wondered what happened here....

I decided to play out its course with both "A" and my wife. On this trip for my birthday I would spend three days with "A"....then I would see my wife for the remaining seven days.

"A" on this trip was everything I could have imagined...and more. I learned a lot more about her and everything was just great! Even to the point of being perfect. Yes..I know we have all been there!

My wife on the other hand......was playing the perfect "bitch". Showed no emotions and basically stayed drunk the whole time. So....I left her prematurely and decided to go back to "A" for the last four days of my trip.

Upon my return home.......I was literally on the phone for the next three weeks...mostly with "A". In that three weeks I thought I wanted to be with "A" and that I would somehow leave my wife. That was actually in my mind....

"A" started her new business venture which I am extremely happy to say today that she now has 5 shops and she keeps herself very busy!

BUT...being a freelancer in the past..she had made prior commitments to see others when they came to LOS this summer. I readily accepted this new dilemma and decided I would go back to see "A' in between. We quickly found about a week that we could be together....so..after three weeks of being home I was again on my way to LOS!!! lol

Well.....things happened alright . lol Surprise SURPRISE!! One of her friends decided to extend his stay and another decided to come a few days early. Where was I left in all of this.....OUT IN THE COLD!!

After two days of being alone in bkk I decided to head down to see my wife in the south. It was a great week with her. We managed to talk alot and straighten many things out. But we still had problems and issues. Emotions were high and at times we even thought to just end everything but to stay as friends. We finally agreed to put things aside and to continue talking......

Of course, something was still missing........"A" was calling me everyday to apologize and asking me to make time for her on my way back...lol So....I thought I would try once more with her as well..... End result.....another 2 days in bkk alone!!!

What have I learned in all of this? That I really dont know it all!!! Things are never as one expects them to be. Lastly..I shouldn't be so selfish in my thoughts and actions. What my future has in store for me.....I have no idea!! What do I see happening? Again..I have no idea!!!

Hello gypsyguy,

thank you for posting what happened to you. An interesting story. I am sorry for both, you and your wife.

Hold in mind that acts are always more important than words. 'A' let you stay in the rain two times. Your wife seems to try to get you back.

Things are never as one expects them to be.

Hmm, you should expect more ::

What I don't understand is that you decide that something is perfect after only a few days. You spent 7 days with 'A' and you believe to have learnt a lot about her?!? If you really want to try if you can love a bargirl you should be with her for as long as you can. But one week!

I am still hopping that you can solve your problems with your wife. But if you can't, don't even consider to go back to 'A'. She has shown that she doesn't love you!!! It would have been really easy for her to tell her friends that she prefers to be with you. But she preffered to stay with them. No excuse for that.

Best regards

"What have I learned in all of this? That I really dont know it all!!! Things are never as one expects them to be. Lastly..I shouldn't be so selfish in my thoughts and actions. What my future has in store for me.....I have no idea!! What do I see happening? Again..I have no idea!!!"

I agree with what naiv said (what is the world coming to, I never thought I would write that :p). Why bother about "A"? She leaves you in the cold and is just sweet talk.

About your wife, I don't know. But you should give it a honest try to straighten things out without distractions.

Cheers!

Archived