I need help..or do I???

Says jacko:

Well yes, Big C at 6000 baht per month is a job!

There seem to be plenty of girls who prefer this to a life of prostitution.

You hit the nail on the head, they like the extra money.

They will do anything for money.....

They are .......what was that word again??
:banghead:

Just put youreself in there shoes for a moment.

No money/mother/father/baby/ not much of anything.

Some B***** knocks on the door and offers you 100k THB (Robert Redford movie i forget the name) same thing sure they will do it and you would say no!!

You are pulling our chain ..right!

My old Mp gf :

there is no way i would refer to her as a whore as you are hinting in the posts working to help family not pros oK

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether the reason behind it is to feed mother/father/ baby or a drug habit is irrelevant, it is what it is. The pronoun we use can sound harsh or less so. The 'job' is - being a prostitute.

It is hard for me to put myself in their shoes, and try to see it from their perspective. I have been more fortunate and the contrasts are huge.

I said that there are alternatives to a life as a prostitute, and I stand by that statement still. There are jobs out there, and surprise surprise they pay less than the sex trade. :sleeping:

You seem to be a sympathetic soul, and I am not pulling your chain (although I must admit to playing the devil's advocate for the sheer pleasure of stirring the discussion) - absolutely no direct references to your (old) MP GF intended, that is your business.

"

Whether the reason behind it is to feed mother/father/ baby or a drug habit is irrelevant, it is what it is. The pronoun we use can sound harsh or less so. The 'job' is - being a prostitute."

I used to think as you Jacko - but life does not fit inside a pattern always. When I came to this board it was my opinion that nobody in Thailand needed to do this work, there are others options available. I knew that was not the case many years ago.

Some people on this board has made me rethink. You can not make life as simple as that. There are so many factors involved. Every individual, and their life is different. It also made me think of my experiences through the years in other countries.

It might be that one girl who chooses to become a hooker, is a much better and trustworthy person than you and me will ever be.

Cheers!

P.S.: Still, I would not look for love in the bars...The odds are not good...

Jacko, you are trying to match A with a sterotype of a whore, it may mask your feelings of any consequence for how you treat these girls but it won't change the consequences for the girls.

I think it's a defence mechanism on your part because it's much easier to not care then to care how your actions change another human beings life. Do you make it better or worse? Do you cause a girl to turn to drugs to deaden how she feels inside after being used by men like you? I feel many of these girls carry scars the rest of their lives. I feel devastated by some of your comments because it's like speaking to someone who was born without a heart. An exploited woman or young girl often does not realise the reality of her life. That's something you would not understand.

I just want to say that the sexual needs of men are not sacrosanct. They are certainly not sacred to the point of deserving such human sacrifice and misery for the women and young girls who just become a commodity. Your labels further abuses these girls.

Let me get off the couch and step up to the podium!

Of course it is easier not to care than to care ......

So these 'professional ladies' feel better after being used by you rather than me does she??? How much do you give them???

These are not MY labels, I did not invent them, give me some words that discriminate a girl who has sex for money in Phuket from one who has sex for money in Detroit! Why is it so different?

And you presume to know a lot about me and my psyche from a few posts on a notice board.

Daddydog says

I just want to say that the sexual needs of men are not sacrosanct. They are certainly not sacred to the point of deserving such human sacrifice and misery for the women and young girls who just become a commodity. Your labels further abuses these girls.

an extreme position and implies no choice for those who take it. To some extent their expressed choice is not as unreasonable as you make out in view of the alternatives given their situation. What of the many girls who choose to run wild in spite of the men they meet who offer a respite.

I think I see more of this in the USA than Bangladesh

--------------------------------

well, who said there is no poverty in the USA? Unless you think that most prostitutes over there are students who pay for their tuitions this way or Daddy's girls who want to have more.

ANY Thai girl can get an alternate job in Thailand if they wish to avoid prositution.

-----------------------------------

countless times on this board, I read that the girls are the only reasons why there is a huge sex scene in Thailand. that nothing but their own choices bring them to sell their bodies.

On the contrary, the sex industry is an indication of a failure of a society to care for his most disfavored (and rather exploit them), and of a trivialization of their bodies. that we may think they are actually quite enjoying themselves, sanook uber alles, or are comfortable with their "choice" , which they may be, only shows how successful some societies are at diminishing women to a simple sex object, and having these women accept it and interiorize their limited status, or potential.

On the subject of the 6000baht clerk, there is ample evidence that if seducing enough, she will not balk at the idea of having some guy, even farang (this species is getting evermore popular in LOS), take her in his company and pay some of her expenses. Still on that subject, even a 6000b clerk has more schooling than a Pattaya or a nana girl.

You say where there is more poverty there is more prostitution, where is your data to back this up? I think I see more of this in the USA than Bangladesh .

Poverty is only one factor. Religion and suppression another.

Concerning the USA: This just shows that in the USA large parts of the population aren't living in such good conditions as you may believe.

In Switzerland there are following class of prostitutes:

1) foreigners (east-europe, southamerica, asia)

2) junkies (the are addicted before they enter the scene)

3) top end prostitutes (1000$ per night, mostly elder women who choose this profession deliberately and enjoy it)

Because there are other choices easily available with reasonable earnings virtuelly no swiss women are in the scene.

But in the USA, when you live up in ghettos, with high criminality rates, a lot of drugs, gang wars and no jobs available the women entering the scene might not have other careers to choose.

Best regards

P.S.: So much about the richness of the USA. :p

You cannot compare the poverty in the USA to the poverty in Bangladesh ---no way, no how.

The explosion of the sex industry in Thailand must be a combination of factors, beyond that of the poverty in the rural areas, there are plenty of other countries with that basis. The attitudes, religion, do anything for cash mentality, and maybe even the possibility ---it was there before the farangs arrived. They just adjusted to our hedonistic tastes and adopted go-gos.

First let me say that prostitution is a priori as a honorable profession as being a manager or a computer programmer.

The problem are the working conditions:

1) bad social status (why not, they are doing a great job, aren't they?)

2) no protection by a legal status

3) no labour union to protect their interests.

etc.

Many girls don't have any deep idea about the scene when they are entering. Often they want only to work as a waitress. Then some day the fall in love in a seemingly nice farang. He steals her virginity and leaves her afterwards. Of course he paid for her. But I think men who pay a virgin to have sex with are just bastards. Why don't they stick to the profs?

This might also be the difference to the scene in the US. I don't think that most US girls entering the scene are still virgins.

So my point is: Many girls aren't whore in the first place. Very often they fall in love in a farang who becomes their first "customer". Once they have crossed the line, it is very difficult to return (without help).

By the way your definition of a whore isn't very good, IMO.

You say if a women takes money for sex she is a whore, right?

Which women doesn't take money for sex? The one who marries the man (and his money)? The one who let you pay her drink?

IMO, the line between being a whore or not is:

If the girls likes the man, she isn't a whore. If she doesn't like the man but has sex with him for money, then she is a whore.

And the same girl can act like a whore in one situation and otherwise in other situations.

Best regards

Archived