You're not going to like reading this.

dddave

i have the herpes simplex virus (or coldsores) since i was a small child. annoying at the outbreaks, but nothing too serious.

the kind of VDs i would be really scared of (apart from the big A) are some of the hyper-resistent ones.

i had once one about 12 or 13 years ago. that motherfucker took several months to disappear, months of wet underpants, months of dreading every single pee i had to take. they doctors had used every antibiotic they could think of with me, and finally succeeded with some combination.

and i count myself lucky, it really disappeared. i have a few friends who have it recurring every time they have some rougher sex, and that since more than a decade.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK

I am the original poster for this thread. Unfortunatly for me, the diagnosis is HSV (Herpes), whether "1" or "2" is not yet conclusive. My Dr. informes me that fully 50% of those infected never have a 2nd occurance, so I will hope to be in that fortunate percentile. A previous poster mentioned the preponderance of conflicting information regarding the likelyhood of passing the virus to another partner when the infected person is asymptomatic. I have spoken to 2 "Experts" on STD's, both of whom lecture publicly on the subject and got 2 differant answeres. Searching the web only reinforces the uncertainty. I guess I will have to assume that I am always "hot", and take appropriate precautions.

As a casual reader of this and the "TSM" board, I had taken note in the past that any discussion of STD's usually degenerated into some sort of ugly dialog and was dissappointed that this thread followed that path. Maybe some peoples way of dealing with something they don't want to think about is to try to suffocate with invective.

It was never my intention to preach, or to tell others what to do. We all play the game and take our chances of our own accord. I will say that it takes a bit of the lustre of what otherwise was a hell of a 3 month sojurne.

David

Dave:

Sorry to hear it is herpes, and I hope you don't get other outbreaks. If you will know if it is HSV-1 or HSV-2, please let us know. As I mentioned before, it is not a foregone conclusion that the culprit is a BBBJ.

I agree with your STD discussion remarks. Almost like discussing death :( . Maybe there is no point in discussing death since it is depressing and inevitable, but STDs are depressing and avoidable.

Hi Fly,

nice to hear from you. :) How are you doing?

Unfortunately, this has been the fourth time in my live, the first time in SEA though. I haven't done anything "unusual", but it somehow happened. It started approx. one week after return and this is now the fifth day with the pain. However, it is much better now. The main problem is, while sleeping and getting a hard on (well, dreaming of Thai girls? ;) ), it really hurts and I always wake up. Some amount of beer the night before will sometimes do the job.

I tried to get some medicine in the pharmacy, but different to los, you have to visit a doctor first, even for every kind of antibiotics. :banghead: May be, this is one of reasons, why our health-system became unpayable. When having a tough week, it is almost impossible to find a break for a visit. I decided to let it run and I hope, it will be gone this week.

there are just so many different things around, so i would really urge you to go to the nearest tropical institute. some of the stuff can do serious damage to your urinary tract when you delay treatment, some can even stay chronic. not nice.

what you have can range from a simple irritation of the tube to clamydia or gonnhorrea (or a combination of both) up to some dreaded NSU. each needs different kinds of treatment properly monitored and after a proper labtest, and most does not go by itself.

as i said in earlier post, i have friends who have that chronically and recurring - after every time of some extended sex they have two weeks of dripping dick. nothing any doc can do about - their tubes are just too damaged.

Archived