You're not going to like reading this.

dddave

I got home from Thailand on Thursday and noticed a sore spot on my dick that night. By now it has developed into a cratered open sore, I just got back from the Doctor's and it is either Syphillis, which is curable, but more likely Herpes, which stays for life. I won't know for up to a week which it is.

Like most others on this forum, I was very aware of HIV risk and always used a condom for screwing, but also like many here, I believed that "BBBJ's" were low risk. For HIV, they are low risk, but for Herpes, they are the primary method of transmittal and what I didn't realize is that Herpes is booming, especially in Thailand. I probably had oral sex with 20 differant girls during my 3 month stay, this includes several visits to 2 of Bangkoks BJ bars, Alley Cat on Soi 12 and Lolita's in the beergarden area next to Soi Cowboy. The bars are probably the most likely source but I have no way to really know. I feel pretty stupid and angry with myself for not being better informed.

I won't preach beyond this and I'm sorry most won't this post as few want to spend time on the health forum. Please just think about if you want to be where I am now, and do some reading about the real risks of BBBJ's

David

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it is not herpes, and if it is, I hope it is HSV-1 not HSV-2. Neither is fun really, but HSV-1 is milder than HSV-2, mostly attacks the mouth area but sometimes the genital area, and the virus is present in the majority of the US adult population. 20% of the adult population in the US has HSV-2, not to mention the provider population.

Thank you for sharing the experience. Obviously people who do are a minority, given the above statistics. Please keep us posted.

just go and search all the different VD websites in the net - they all say that you can easily catch something from unprotected oral sex (meaning BBBJ)...

Thanks, Dave - there have been a few hardliners here on the board who have tried to argue that the odds of contracting something via oral are minute, but I have never agreed with them.

Any sexual contact between two human beings must carry some level of risk, IMO. Add the latest virus into the equation, and a kiss could literally be the end of you. Alarmism ? Perhaps, but I think it bears thinking about.

Look after yourself.

Not that I have many these days, but I always make a point to go to the bathroom (pee, number 1, etc...) and wash after being involved with a girl who I don't know (and usually with the ones I do know too :)

I think I'm like every guy who enjoys a BJ, but I don't think I would ever patronize a BJ bar just because of this fact that I can't wash as well as I would like (a shower).

I can't believe you guys think that the risk is small with oral sex. How many times have you guys had a sore throat just from kissing? Imagine what happens when she goes down on you and the saliva is allowed to sit there, in a moist area, where who knows what can incubate. ewwww

<<burp>>

Archived