You're not going to like reading this.

dddave

"but please, unless you're a medical doctor ;) , stop providing any kind of medical information."

That was is what I wrote on my answer to him. I included the word PLEASE. Do you really consider that word PLEASE insulting?. Come on!!! That's the truth, not the partial truth you were posting.

Agree that at a point I probably became insulting to him, but only after he being insulting to me.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One, I noticed you've dropped the logic argument.

Two, given the fact that before your post he gave reasoned and detailed information, yes, it's patronizing. Even with please.

If seomeone gave an informed dissertation/explaination at a conference but didn't have a degree or accreditation, it would be patronizing if someone in the audience stepped up and said, "please, unless you are 'qualified', stop providing advice."

Not a partial truth.

<<burp>>

>> One, I noticed you've dropped the logic argument.

Not really. I still believe that is not logic giving advice to somebody to do a research on the net about a disiase after qualifying the CDC website as crap.

I'see we will never agree. You see the things on one way and I see the things on another different way.

My point of view doesn't have to be the right one, neither yours.

I would always see any medical debate here as wrong since is not being taken in place by people that has direct knowledge of it, at least in this case.

IMHO, taking or not taking Doxycycline as malaria prophylaxis should be decided by the individual affected after getting the advice from the prepared people that could give that kind of advice, in general MD that have direct information about the convenience of that prophylaxis and the side effects of taking it.

Words are words, simply words, that are written in a message board and that's all. He took the thing really bad, even that I used the ;) avatar and the word please... I see that he's not the only one that took it that way, then my apologies to everybody. But I still believe that I didn''t do anything wrong on that post.

Of course the message exchange got degenerated as result of the mutual piss take. Funny, very funny. :)

You dropped the logic part because it is indefensible.

Yes, FOZW said the CDC website was crap, but any normal person would have recognized he meant the info specifically regarding Malaria.

You are taking a strict interpretation by saying he meant the entire website. An extremely poor assumption made by you in an attempt to show some sort of logic. Everyone recognizes it for what it is.

"My point of view doesn't have to be the right one, neither yours." Correct, but telling one to stop talking because he doesn't have some stamp of approval after he gave a very informed opinion is extremely condescending, patronizing, and insulting.

It's pedantic that I have to repeat the same points over and over again.

"message exchange got degenerated as result of the mutual piss take. Funny, very funny."

On the contrary, not funny. A piss-poor eyesore. Why do you think you got a PM from a moderator? Because they love your brilliant logic?

<<burp>>

>> It's pedantic that I have to repeat the same points over and over again.

That's what you're doing all time.

>> Why do you think you got a PM from a moderator?

I thought PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE. Nie, really nice. :)

Hi,

">> Why do you think you got a PM from a moderator?

I thought PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE. Nie, really nice."

Yes, a PM is a private message and no I do not think that Gummigut got to read it. However, Gummigut is also a moderator and if a person steps out of line (as you have done here) it is not uncommon that the moderator of the forum discusses possible courses of action with the other moderators in a private forum.

I suggest you let this issue drop and lay off on baiting Fly. This was the second time this kind of thing happened. There had better not be a third. There will not be fourth.

Sanuk!

>>>it's hard to see for me what purpose does your post serve other than stirring up shit.

So I just hope that fly is enjoying the holidays on a beach, too lazy to counter your post.

We don't want flame wars, do we?<<<

just too busy to look at the board.

shit, i have missed some good fight here. :hubba:

Sorry to hear about your condition, but, I don't think you should feel stupid. I mean, if a person wants to get bbbj's (and I am one who thinks any other kind is a total waste), one is going to have to accept the substantial risk of contracting HSV which, as you pointed out, is rampant, and not just in Thailand.

Based on the research (i.e., reading I have done about this subject from many reputable sources), I think two things people should be aware of regarding Herpes (HSV) are: 1) It is not that serious . . . , most (but not all) people who have healthy immune systems eventually (after a year or so) develop an immune response that keeps the outbreaks from recurring very frequently, if at all, plus the infrequent subsequent recurrences usually become much less severe than the original symptoms; and

2) The worst thing about HSV, both for those who have it and those who don't (yet), is that even if a person who has it is asymptomatic, it is still possible for that person to transmit the virus to another person. Although the risk of this is not completely understood, it appears that some people continue to shed virus even when asymptomatic. So from a practical point of view, this means that even if your bg "du jour" looks healthy upon close visual inspection, she could still pass HSV on to you, via bbbj or in other ways, if she ever had it before. And, I would think, since virtually all of them perform bbbj's on hundreds of customers per year, virtually all of them must have been orally infected with HSV at one time or another, and thus be carriers who could transmit it via a bbbj even while they are asymptomatic.

So, I conclude from this, that there is a very high risk of eventually catching HSV from engaging in bbbj's. It would seem it is just a matter of time. But, as I said at the outset, fortunately, it is not that serious of a condition. Part of life.

(Oh, btw, Creative, I'm not a doctor, so my opinion doesn't mean anything, so please spare me from your criticism.)

Incidently, I have heard more than one doctor incorrectly state that if you are asymptomatic, you cannot transmit the virus, however, such opinions (even though they came from doctors) are based on out of date information that has been proven in recent studies to be incorrect.

Archived