Question about shrimp/prawns

New Petchburi Pete

Definitions. I only have a 'pocket' version of Webster's and they don't define 'scampi' ... "lobsterettes" ... that's a new word on me. Some of the larger prawns do resemble a type of lobster; and, they are all crustaceans ... & I did not bring my Invertebrate Zoology text with me (too old , too heavy). I'll go by use of the word ... but what happened to the white wine and fresh parsley ? Ah, REAL lobster ... it's only 7 am and I could go for a one and a half pounder ... from the Gulf of Maine ... with some melted butter, steamers, corn on the cob ... all cooked traditional clambake style, in pit dug on the beach and lined/covered with seaweed. Getting harder to obtain a permit to even do this ... fading art?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, REAL lobster ... it's only 7 am and I could go for a one and a half pounder ... from the Gulf of Maine ... with some melted butter, steamers, corn on the cob ... all cooked traditional clambake style, in pit dug on the beach and lined/covered with seaweed. Getting harder to obtain a permit to even do this ... fading art?

I feel for you. Here in Florida all we have is the spiny flavorless tropical variety. Of course you can get Maine lobster at about 4 times what it would cost in New England.

We usually splurge for New Years on some 3 pounders.

But all things are equal. You get to chow down on all kinds of great Thai......................................................food. :o

KS, the dancing shrimp are straight from the fish tank and into the dish. In another post long ago I related how I got the worst case of shits I've ever had from one such meal.

coss,

I think some of them are straight from the klong into the fish tank.I enjoy eating" goong den" but this thought stops me,especially in bkk.They use a similar mix of spices as in larb ,which is one of my favourites.

sky brow :)

KS, the dancing shrimp are straight from the fish tank and into the dish. In another post long ago I related how I got the worst case of shits I've ever had from one such meal.

coss,

I think some of them are straight from the klong into the fish tank.I enjoy eating" goong den" but this thought makes me think twice,especially in bkk.They use a similar mix of spices as in larb ,which is one of my favourites.

sky brow :)

I supposedly ate dancing shrimp straight from Hong Kong harber when I was a baby with a relative. Hate to try that now :)

As for scampi, you guys are pathetic. It's how I like my women to dress. Getting the sauce off is the best part!!!

:)

<<burp>>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived