Times are a changing,

Coss

This trip I had Taxi drivers put the meter on without me asking, rounding down the fare and charging me less when they'd taken the wrong turn and added distance to the fare.

What's going on?

Says coss:

This trip I had Taxi drivers put the meter on without me asking, rounding down the fare and charging me less when they'd taken the wrong turn and added distance to the fare.

What's going on?

You were in Thailand right? ::

I didn't take a taxi today (Saturday), but as of Friday, long-standing rates (35 baht flag drop) were still in effect. Do you know something I don't?

(I know about the proposed rate hikes, but they are yet to be implemented).

Cheers!

SS

BBill, it's just the Sukhumvit Deep Klong Anglers Club page.

The bandwidth error must be an error as it went up as soon as I added 5 (small) photos. This page has never exceeded bandwidth. Oh well you get what you pay for.

::

But really, I had a taxi driver give me 60 baht change from 100 for a 45 baht fare, I tipped him 10 baht for that.

Another gave me 20 baht change from a 100 for a 85 baht fare. Times are a changing.

no no I don't know much I just heard about the new proposal, but was unsure when if ever it'll be implemented, so glad to hear it's not yet in effect :rolleyes:

now rounding the meter fare DOWN is common practice IME to minimize the changed needed especially for non patpong taxies :p

p.s. your deepklong site REALLY has exceeded the daily bandwith limit for some reason :eek:

I had just the opposite effect recently. More than once when I gave the driver a B100 note for a B60-70 fare I was told he had no change. ::

Says danno5:

More than once when I gave the driver a B100 note for a B60-70 fare I was told he had no change. ::

I made the same experience ::

Archived