New Laptops

ultras67

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought the laptop at Global 4th Floor on Sunday ( seems to be less busy than the 2nd floor - so a more personal service ) thanks for all the advice folks. :applause:

just wait til the 2 nd batch of questions kicks in when I start to play with it. :devil:

for those nosy oops I mean interested bought a ACER 234FXC for B41000 inc vat - the price had dropped by B2000 in the 2 weeks between checking prices and buying :up: ::

ended up buying a OEM Windows XP from Power Buy in Robinsons ! for B3850 so totally legal ( until I get a copy of Photoshop and and and..... )

then again there is the old joke

When is the best time to buy a pc ?

Tomorrow

then again there is the old joke

When is the best time to buy a pc ?

Tomorrow

Ultra,

yep, I can perfectly relate to that....... I have been visiting shops since 6 months in anticipation of buying a new laptop by the end of this year...... since I started I have changed my mind as new models pop up every month......

BTW, what kind of screen do you have ? 14-15-16" ?

Cheers !

I would highly recommend to compare the prices in Thailand with your prices at home. High end laptops are normally more expensive in BKK then in Germany. Don't know why !

So i bought my ACER 803 Travelmate in Berlin and i'm quite happy with it. It has 2 years world wide warranty.

Says Palatkik:

Here's a good deal I saw today at Pantip:

Compaq 800, P4 2.4Ghz, 16" SXGA TFT, 256RAM, 30GB, DVD/CD-RW Combo, 4xUSB2.0, IrDA, IEEE, PCcard type1&2, TV out, 50,000B.
:)

Same with 14" screen is 39,000B

The gap between Europe and Thailand seems to close. Yesterday I bought a Toshiba, P4 Mobile, 2 GHz, 512 MB (1 GB max.), DVD RW, 60 G HD, 3 USB, LAN, TV-Out etc. I payed EUR 1400.

Says Peter1964:

The gap between Europe and Thailand seems to close. Yesterday I bought a Toshiba, P4 Mobile, 2 GHz, 512 MB (1 GB max.), DVD RW, 60 G HD, 3 USB, LAN, TV-Out etc. I payed EUR 1400.

Peter,

I'm looking to buy one as well, but hesitating as would really like a thai keyboard......

What size screen did you buy ?

My eyes - and definitely my neck - are killing me on too much computer time, hence a large screen is a must !

What would you recommend for a 16" screen here in Europe, including aal options you bought ?

Cheers !

I bought a Satellite 1130-Z31 with a 15" display. As far as I remember, the Sony notebooks have a very good display (one of the best I have seen so far, but the warranty is 1 year only and they were EUR 200 more almost the same components). So, when a good display is important for you, I recommend taking a closer look at the Sony. I am sure, they will have a model with a big display too.

Btw, besides this, you always have the option to connect a second Monitor (big, external one).

Nice hunting :)

Peter,

Thanks for the reply.....

Basically my need is to have the laptop with me at my place of work, which soon will be 50/50 % here and in BKK, so no external screens :(

As for Sony, yep, seen that one in Pantip, but no sales here in Belgium of laptops......

Cheers !

Archived