BG out of the Scene - 500 Days Later

think_too_mut

>Good, you have me relieved now, cos I just found mine back in the garage covered with dust.......

Still any good ?

Aaahhh, that must be it!

In my garage, it looked liked more like a machine head. It must have been tired, did not say a word when I talked to it.

Perhaps it needs a full page of text? I'll get some beer and keep reciting to it. Hope the pistons don't pop up too high.

Will keep an eye on it.

:)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaahhh, that must be it!

In my garage, it looked liked more like a machine head. It must have been tired, did not say a word when I talked to it.

Perhaps it needs a full page of text? I'll get some beer and keep reciting to it. Hope the pistons don't pop up too high.

Will keep an eye on it.

TTM,

Actually it looks a bit green as well, maybe it needs more time in the sun to ripen then ????

""What, your girlfriend!

FJ,

Nope, spel ckerquer...... GF works fine thank you Sir :)

Oh well, now back to the regular programme !

Cheers !

Good stuff, ttm, a fine venture, I hope she appreciates your efforts. In time she will. Being involved in a slightly similar venture by default rather than design I can relate well. There?s not the expense of an education, something I?m not prepared to embark on, more personal support to divert her from her usual routines, it?s working slowly, she relapses occasionally then recovers and on we go. her angelic face is so innocent & appealing I can hardly resist & can?t believe she has a bad bone in her body. she wants to believe in herself and needs help to get there. we go out and do normal things, today went to the shops, one whose owner I know and so attractive I found myself, being fickle as we are, hanging for a moment tempted with this creation wondering at the amazing variety and beauty of females we have so much trouble resisting. With some other men the gf?s no different. Keep it up.

Excellent eye opening post. A much more realistic view than those that want to send 15k baht a month to keep her out of the bar. If it all works out for you in the long run, the investment is a pittance. Money can't buy you happiness, but it can make it possible.

Well done for her too. Does she wonder where all that motivation was before? How much has this helped her confidence in unfamiliar surroundings or endeavors?

some girls (doesn't matter BG or not) when they do acquire market skills, more education and general leverage in the market place, her wants and expectations might change as well. I do know more than a few cases once she realizes her value, she looks for greener pastures.

This has occurred to me also every time ttm talks about the progress his girl has made. She could get a uni degree, take a job, start her new life without ttm. As you said, would not be the first time it went this way.

The way i look at it is you can approach a relationship in one of two ways:

1. Do everything you can to help your girl achieve her goals, give her support, swallow your jealousy and let her have her friends and socialize, etc, but you take the risk that her independence might be the undoing of your relationship.

or

2. Hold her back so that her opportunities are few, don't agree to her going out with her friends (so that her friends will start dropping out of her life), no education or training so she stays financially dependent on you. With no friends to support her and no real job skills, this is a good way to make sure she can't leave you. You get to keep the girl you love forevermore (not always of course).

Based on what i see in my line of work, its astounding how many guys use the latter approach. ttm has gone the former route, i always like risk takers.

25K per month for 500 days = about 417000 baht (or US$10,000/UKS 6,000 )!

TTM (sure it's not ATM?)

Huh? We're talking baht not dollars, this is not even a child support payment for some, which often times is money wasted.

If you take a closer look at the post, the expense was much higher. But the returns were high, he found a girl who kept her word.

>But i know you are aware that some girls (doesn't matter BG or not) when they do acquire market skills, more education and general leverage in the market place, her wants and expectations might change as well. I do know more than a few cases once she realizes her value, she looks for greener pastures.

No chance of something like that happening.

She'll hardly ever acquire skills that bring her to more than 10-12K baht per month. That's her last resort if I left her.

Then she would probably go to her hometown and find work there at smaller money but live cheaply.

This was a character building exercise before all, there was no real intention on my part to prepare her for contribution to the family budget.

The overall result, yes, she can be on her own, doing a honest job. What else might she want from a man? That's pretty much all she could possibly get from one.

Material things are also there already. With a combination of her own savings, old gold and (new savings, off my money)she built a house and set up a noodle shop in front of it. Her family lives off it now.

Archived