BG out of the Scene - 500 Days Later

think_too_mut

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite frankly the negative attitudes are deplorable. Especially those exhibited by VD.

I feel one of the biggest effects we can have in this world is upon one another. Here we have a great story of one person helping another. Irrespective if things fall out now, this lady has been greatly enriched through the direct help of another. To effect such a change is a great accomplishment. Even if for awhile (which I think it's going to be a long while if not forever) as it has greatly increased her options.

I think those who view this thread negatively should ask themselves why are they so negative? Is it jealousy of the means, the relationshp, the ability to give?

I think this is commendable and I am very thankful it was posted here as we here way to many negative stories.

More power to you and keep on truck'n my man!

<<burp>>

"I feel one of the biggest effects we can have in this world is upon one another. Here we have a great story of one person helping another. Irrespective if things fall out now, this lady has been greatly enriched through the direct help of another. "

I agree. TTM's girl has changed her life in a positive direction, and she also seems to have the character to keep it up.

The positive part of this story for me is TTM helping her to become a stronger and more independent person, who can take charge of her own life. Credit to him for that!!

Cheers!

Completely agree with the sentiments of your post re the positive story here, but I don't think the "negative" attitudes that have been expressed are "deplorable." They are simply pointing out that there is a real possibility that she might someday leave TTM. But of course, this is an inherent risk in any relationship.

Mailuk: ?i always like risk takers?.

right. lot of people try to control what they never can. same could ultimately happen to ttm but better this way by far.

ttm: ?She'll hardly ever acquire skills that bring her to more than 10-12K baht per month?.

maybe but her new skills will open her world bringing her into contact with a new range of people, could be anywhere, thais and maybe farangs, whatever.

Mailuk: ?i always like risk takers?.

right. lot of people try to control what they never can. same could ultimately happen to ttm but better this way by far.

Ttm: ?She'll hardly ever acquire skills that bring her to more than 10-12K baht per month?.

Maybe so but her new skills will open her world bringing her into contact with new people, thais and maybe farangs, could be anywhere.

Gimmigut: ?negative attitudes are deplorable?

well they are and they aren?t. positive attitude alone is like standing on one leg. Being positive might be deplorable too if certain components weren?t fairly taken into consideration, might even be considered negligent, lacking due diligence, reckless. you have the right to be a deplorer as much as the deploree whose responsibilities take into account the downside.

"There's always a chance of that happening, even if she can't generate alot of income, a new partner might be the earner."

To look at it from the girls perspective, there is always the chance of TTM dumping her for another one also. But she started her education, gave it a lot of effort and knew she was dependent on him to finish it.

A relationship is 2-ways, its not just about the risk of the girl dumping the guy.

Cheers!

if the aim of the whole exercise is a "honest job" as you seem to imply - how will your and her reaction be when you realize that even with all this education this honest job will pay a lot less than your 25000++?

Do you realize how much is the salary of university graduates in Bangkok?

Nevertheless your efforts are very laudable and I wish you good luck for the next 5000 days. And pleeeease don't ever tell my gf that there are girls in this world who own 80 tops ::!

I chose my words carefully and I meant negative attitudes. They are deplorable. This does not include being realistic, nor does it imply not doing your homework. It's the negative ATTITUDE.

If you can attack me logically please do, but otherwise, let's not get this thread sidetracked.

<<burp>>

Says iuytrede:

if the aim of the whole exercise is a "honest job" as you seem to imply - how will your and her reaction be when you realize that even with all this education this honest job will pay a lot less than your 25000++?

Do you realize how much is the salary of university graduates in Bangkok?

Thai women can really adapt to a reduction in income IME. A few ex-BG's I know who are making way less than they did attribute getting their education as a self-esteem issue and working a day-time job as making them finally respectable in Thai society. They truly hated working as BG's and they did it because of certain circumstance and more importantly feeling as if they did not have many options.

The education combined with purposely leaving the prostitution scene makes them feel as if there is nothing they can't do. Keep in mind the ex-BG's I know are not young newbie 20somethings but they were in the game for a few years and realized it was a dead end as they got older. They had the assisstance of one or several sponsors while they were still in the game.

I think there comes a point when a certain amount of self respect outweighs monetary gains. That does not mean of course you may not see some women moonlighting occasionally with old customers but they will never go back to the shiny poles.

Archived