My first, and last, GTG experience

Hi Guys,

Sorry about going AWOL this last month, but had to put everything I own in storage before I left for LOS, and then get a house after I got back (a week ago), and get internet service hooked up, etc. Anyway, things are finally back to normal, after living out of my suitcase for a very long month, with very little access to computer.

So?.thinking about hooking up with a GTG on your next trip? DON?T DO IT???

I flew in Friday night, and we met Saturday. Nok (not using real names here) was with her two friends (gay guy, and Meow), as planned. We met in my hotel lobby, and after dinner there, we went on to Hard Rock Café. This first night went well enough. Nok was very shy, and stuck very close to her two friends?.particularly gay guy. He is a very unattractive Thai male. Short, fat, and seriously pockmarked face. While Nok is really a very pretty girl. Prettier than her photo?s showed. Night was spent standing around a table listening to band, without much being said, because of noise level of band. Not uncomfortable?.pretty much what I expected. I left around 11:30 to go get some sanuk. I felt pretty good that we would all have a good time in Chumphon and Kho Tao.

Next day we met at JJ market, as I needed to do some business there. Nok came with gay guy, and we finally found each other. Spent several hours there, and hooked up with Meow there, later. We all had lunch, and they took bus back home from there. At this point, I thought Nok should be loosening up a bit. She wasn?t. Still very shy. Gay guy is just that. And is very open about it. Much of joking around consisted of how gay guy thought I was more hansom than night before, and how guy guy was looking forward to sharing bed with me in Kho Tao. A lot of kidding around, mostly Nok and gay guy interacting. When having lunch at JJ market, gay guy offers me a seat, and then the rest sit down, with Nok being placed across the table from me. This was to become a common theme. This is Sunday night, and the 3 of them have work, or school until we meet at airport Wednesday afternoon for flight to Chumphon. I decide to not press the issue of us meeting before then, as I was having some doubts, and decided I would get in 3 nights of sanuk, as it was obvious I would not be getting any for 4 nights, when hooked up with these guys.

This is not ?trip reports?, so let?s just say I got tied up, and miss the flight. Actually, traffic was really bad, too. I did try. Really??.. I get back to bar, and call Nok. They miss the flight, also. Traffic was bad for them also. We decide to get there on our own. I always wanted to take a train in Thailand, so decide to go that route. We decide to meet the next day at Chumphon Resort. I am hooked up with a total nymphomaniac, and am using her phone to call Nok and Meow. I have the foresight to tell nympho to tell them she doesn?t know me if they call back. She was to be just a girl I met on the street, and helped me out, by letting me use her phone. Nympho would not let me get me to train station until 4:00 pm the next day. She called to make reservation for me for a 1st class air car. We get to train station, and is a Thai holiday. I cannot get my 5:00 aircon car, and have to go 2nd class-no aircon at 6:35pm. Suppose to arrive 2:20am. This train ride from hell did not arrive until 4:30am, which got me to resort at 5:30am. Meow opens door, while Nok and gay guy sleep. Nok and Meow are in one room, while gay guy is sleeping in my connecting room. Meow is the only one up, and goes right back to sleep while I take a shower. I sleep for 1 hour, when the wake-up call comes in for our departure to Kho Tao. Holly Shit?..I?m exhausted. No sleep for 2 days. Nok does not even say hello when we all wake. She tells me they wait at train station last night for 2 hours. I explain train was very late getting in. Not my fault. She seems devoid of emotion. It?s raining so hard, that we cannot even get to bus. When finally board bus, gay guy smiles, and says ?sit here?, and then they all go and sit behind me, leaving me with an empty seat next to me. I?m starting to think this is really weird. I look back several times on the bus to boat dock, and find Nok and gay guy cuddling together. More like Nok with her arms around gay guy, with head on his shoulder. I think?OK?.they good friends. Get to boat dock, and same thing. Gay guy says, ?sit here?, and then the rest of them go foreward, and take 3 seats all together.

At this point, I am thinking, ?what the fuck?????. I?m seeing a reoccurring theme of Nok and gay guy totally absorbed in one another, and him playing her buffer zone between us?to make sure we do not sit together, or interact. During the 3.5 hour boat ride, we all end up on stairs, and the two of them are acting just like newlyweds. At one point, I hear Nok say to gay guy, ?If anyone look at us, they think we married?, and then laughed.

To cut this short, the whole time on Kho Tao was the same theme. We take motocy, Nok and gay guy, and me and Meow?.eat at restaurant?.it was made certain I would not sit next to Nok. At airport, on return, they huddle together with air tickets, to make sure I would not be seated with Nok. Just got stupid after a while.

In the end, I felt as though I was only present to provide the 3 of them with a free vacation. Everything was all very pleasant. No bad feelings, or harsh words. Just a very strong feeling on my part that I had been taken for a ride. At some points, I really thought that Nok and gay guy were really husband and wife, and was all a big scam. But then again, the 3 of them have traveled together before, and maybe were just acting like they would, as though I was not there. I really don?t know. Too strange for me. We went swimming once, and I cut my foot bad enough to need stitches. We go to doctor, and Nok and gay guy take off right away, after dropping me off. 8 hours later, I am limping around new hotel that they are building, and the same foot goes through a new tile that had been laid, without any underlayment. My whole leg goes in, and requires more stitches right next to other ones (see trip reports later). This happened in clear view of the 3 of them, because we were eating on same veranda. Not one of them even got up from the table to see if I was alright. My whole leg is buried down this hole, while the rest of my body is on it?s back, laying on the ground, and none of them could be bothered to get up to see what was obviously a very bad accident.

My final analysis??..I?m glad I did it. It?s something I?ll always remember. What I?ll also remember is my first 15 minutes back in BKK, at one of my home bars. One girl massaging my neck, another massaging my temples, and another giving me a manicure. I realized then, that I felt better in those 15 minutes, than all of the last 3 days combined. At least with a bargirl, you know what you?re getting.

HT

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT: a weird story without a doubt. Not helping someone who has an accident does not sound like the thai people i know. You had some bad luck, hope you can put the bad feelings behind you.

Curious whether she tried to contact you after you returned like nothing was wrong.

Oh, and uhh, GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!! :D

MaiLuk

Hi TTM,

Good to be back. Such an experience.....they were all really nice. Just the feeling of being an outsider was exstreme. Nok was really a very different girl than she presented herself on internet. I had told her that I have a really good camera that I wanted to use to take some pictures of her, like the ones she had sent me, that she liked. She liked the idea. After taking some simple digital photos of her friends at hotel, I turned to her, and said, "can I take photo of you?". She said, "mai chawp". I knew then, that this was not the same girl I had spent 100 hours talking with, on MSN messenger.

Mai pen rai.............

HT

> I knew then, that this was not the same girl I had spent 100 hours talking with, on MSN messenger.

Amazing! To act for 100 hours over days or weeks, takes a real systematic plan on her part. As it sounds now, she might had had her "gay" man next to her suffling what to say.

Was there a web cam attached on her side?

If free holiday was what they wanted, why did they settle for Chumpon? 100 hours deserve something more expensive and classy than Thai scene resort ::

To act for 100 hours over days or weeks

Hard to figure that one, if the goal was to scam ht, she would have played him when he arrived, right? And ht would have seen it from the get go. But she didn't. A very strange ending to a cyber relationship.

Hi MaiLuk,

Nope........I was in town long after we got back from Kho Tao, and not a word. Like "are you OK?". Or "thank you for trip".

I did get drilled pretty hard about girl whose phone I used to call them with. They said, "she does not know anything about you. Why you use her phone"?.......they were very suspicious of my activities. Towards the end, was showing gay guy digital photo's I had taken of him and Meow, and a triple header I had done in the days before came up. The one that came up had them all in towels, and I switched next photo really fast. Meow later asked to see my camera, but I made up some excuse.

Nok has a pre-concieved notion that all falang have Thai prositute. Maybe she read that I was, in fact, sanuking. I just don't know...... I did send her an email telling her why I thought our meeting was not what I expected, and why. I've never heard back from her.

Just as well, as we have very little in common. While interacting on internet, I'd tell her I was having a margarita, and she would say, "Mmmmm, I'd like one". Turns out she does not drink at all. Bought 4 b-52's at bar on last night, and refused to even try. I'm a party'er, she is not. Like mixing oil and water. I'll stick to what I know best........ ::

Hi TTM,

No.....not a scam. She actually paid for all our boat ride to Kho Tao. And other stuff. Just a wierd situation. Whole purpose to our metting was to get to know each other better, but she was clinging so hard to her gay friend, that it was impossible. As I told her, I didn't know her any better after spending 3 days with her, than before we met.

This is a very smart girl. Maybe she cought on to my sanuk, and detirmined that I was not serious. Another option is that she was showing me how she can be with me, if I spend enough time with her. ???????

I just don't know..........

HT

>This is a very smart girl. Maybe she cought on to my sanuk, and detirmined that I was not serious.

If that gay man popped up after your sanuking, that would have been another thing, but he was there all the time.

If your sanuking was the reason, they must be scorning that sort of activity above average...not helping you when you got your leg through the floor is a serious matter. People help strangers in the street in such situations.

It's behind, anyway.

HT,

I wouldn't give up on non-BGs. There are so many different kinds of them out there.

I never did find anyone thru chat rooms. I wonder if there is a difference between girls who chat and girls who don't? I sure think so.

The best non-BGs that I have found are not pursuers or aggressive in their approach meaning they would never speak with strangers like through cyberspace.

It all depends on the style of girl you are looking for. I completely stay away from discos or nightclubs if i am seriously looking for a regular GF. I prefer someone who is more reserve and non-assertive and doesn't chase after men.

There are plenty of thai women like the above if one likes this style and demeaner. You need to go look for them where falangs either don't go or have no access to them. They will be the ones who have no or almost no prevoius falang interactions or experiences. Their english will be non-existent if like a sales girl or blue collar girl or quite good like an university graduate or white collar professional.

Her dependency to have her friends around on repeated time outs would have been a red flag to me. How sincere do think she was in getting to know you? I have found usually a girl will bring along companionship no more than two or three times if she is really interested in you.

Keep looking through different venues or strategies.....

Cardinalblue

Archived