My first, and last, GTG experience

Hi p127,

Phone call was made right after I knew I was not going to make it to airport. I needed to let them know right away not to look for me, and that I would arrange other transportation. Just in case they called back, I told BG to act as though she did not know me, which she did. When questioned about it in Kho Tao, I simply said, "that's right. I didn't know her. She was just puuying I didn't know, who let me use her phone". Nothing there to really raise suspicions. Same thing happened at jj market when I couldn't find them. I asked two girls sitting on the wall where was pay phone, and they let me use their phone to call them. Nok asked where I was calling from, and told them 2 girls were nice enough to let me use their phone, so not unusual for me to do, in their eye's.

As far as pics go, gay guy wanted to see pictures I had taken of him, and somehow a pic of a girl in a bath towel showed up, out of order. The pic was faulty, and was quite blured. I switched to the next pic immediatly. Don't even know if he said anything to the girls about it. This was the last day, and at that point, I really didn't give a shit. I just switched to next photo, without explaination.

Nok and I had agreed that niether of us wanted a long distance relationship, and often kidded that we would bring another person with us. Even if she thought I had been sanuking, it was not an excuse for many of her actions. Simply an entirely different girl, than she presented herself. I understand that she might be painfully shy when not at her keyboard, but that does not excuse her putting almost zero effort into it. Even what little communication was expressed, was done through gay guy. I know enough Thai to have heard her tell gay guy to ask me this, or that. Her English is good enough to have been able to ask me herself. She's a uni-grad, 28 years old. Her English on MSN messenger is better than mine. In fact, gay guy had the worst English skills of all of them.

Mai pen rai...... :dunno:

HT

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude you were just used by a couple of low lifes, its not the end of the world. Wouldn't be surprised if Meaow was brought along to try and set up with you, as the other girl was obviously a very good liar and planned well their free holiday. The fact they had no interest in helping you when you were seriously injured makes one sick to think about, normal Thais do not behave like this, you happened across some of the shit of society, and it dun matter how well educated or well off they are... :dunno:

HT, I think you don't want to lose the easy BG world. From your posts I see that its what you enjoyed, and even more so when you tried the other side. I have not seen such raving posts about BG's from you as you did now.

You can not have both, if you go for non prostitutes you have to do it with conviction. Not as as a pass time between BG's.

Honestly, I also feel a bit sad? That you praise some girls so much who you met in the BG world and drop them later... Maybe TTM's road would be nice? Dunno, but somehow we should keep people who we feel touch us in a special way.

Cheers!

Hi CBK,

Interesting observation. It's like this......My very first visit, I fell in love with the first bargirl I ran into. Spent 5 days with her, including taking her to Chiang Mai. Had to come back home, and was not a good thing for me, thinking about her all the time, knowing she was still going with customers every night. I swore I would never put myself in that situation again. Falling in love with a bargirl is a self-destructive act. At least from a long-distance aspect. There is no way you will win. The only thing you will ultimatly get out of it, is a lot of heart-ache, and pain.

For me, this is a learned experience. Happened again a year ago. I just walked away this time. I knew that if I spent my remaining 5 days with her, that I would be seriously damaged. I'd come back home, and think of her every night fucking a new stranger.

That is NOT how I want to live my life. So....I build walls. Emotional walls that allow me to enjoy sanuk in Thailand, but see it for what it is. The reason I am a butterfly is not because I need sex from 20 different girls every visit. It's because if I stay with one I really like too long, I will become emotionally attached. And that is always a great fear for me. That represents nothing but pain in my heart. I've come to realize that no matter how much of me I give to a Bar Girl, the moment I am on the plane back home, she will be searching for another customer. That is the reality.

After my recent GTG experience?????........at least with a bar girl, you know what you are getting.

I know what you are saying. I'd love to have a monogomous relationship with a GTG. But that is impossible. I live in Hawaii. So, I take what I can get. And understanding what I am getting, is a big part of maintaining my sanity.

HT

> Falling in love with a bargirl is a self-destructive act. At least from a long-distance aspect. There is no way you will win. The only thing you will ultimatly get out of it, is a lot of heart-ache, and pain.

HT,

Now you are back to your teritory and you are right as always when it comes to the bg world.

Honestly, if I were for a gtg, I would have stayed with my farang girls, that's where I have always had success.

Mixing with Thai middle class - fine for those who like it - but the gtgs' counterparts in farangland are much more easier to deal with. IME.

"I know what you are saying. I'd love to have a monogomous relationship with a GTG. But that is impossible. I live in Hawaii. So, I take what I can get. And understanding what I am getting, is a big part of maintaining my sanity"

Bullshit HT!!! You can get that even from Hawaii... :D trust me.

Cheers!

HT,

was there ever, even once a moment between you two? A flicker in her eyes, a private laugh, touch on the arm, anything?

If not you have been taken, which in my opinion makes 'them' assholes and you a steller individual. At least you made an effort, thats better than what I can say.

better luck next time!

HT, first of all, I'm sorry things worked out this way for you. However, I have to say I was very uncomfortable by the way you set this whole thing up.. how you found the perfect girl, without even meeting her. I think the Net is a great tool, but it isn't everything. Nothing can substitute for the face-to-face chemisty that is required for any relationship to work. You knew Thailand and all the usual stories, but you let yourself go and had an experience very different than what you expected, or deserved.

It's obvious that you treated this girl very well and she should have shown you a lot more courtesy. However, it's clear to me that you weren't exactly ready to be 100% up front with her either, as your sanuking on the side shows. So this relationship wasn't destined to get off on the right foot as soon as you arrived in Thailand...

It's hard to say if they were playing you the whole time or not. I do find many of her actions to be strange at the very least. I would have had a sitdown with the girl a lot earlier in the process to sort out just what the hell was going on... instead you carried on, hoping things would work out, but also perhaps letting them get worse because it was unknown to you what their intentions really were...

Anyway man, not a lecture. No one knows the situation like you do. But it is a nice warning of taking the online part a bit too far before one is sure there is something there in the physical world (and I'll call that chemisty, not looks).

" So?.thinking about hooking up with a GTG on your next trip? DON?T DO IT??? "

Don't be so hasty. Every experience is different. I have met lots of Thai women through online contact. Many of the meetings have resulted in postitive relationships. Some women are obvious opportunists, some are genuine. The important thing is not to prejudge or expect too much from the meeting. If you apply this logic then any disappointments will be be tempered. Always have Plan B mapped out for yourself just in case Plan A fails.

Go on give it a few more goes.

Archived