My first, and last, GTG experience

I think largely, she had you bang to rights as a "whoring farang tourist" (no offense). Maybe she did not represent her self correctly, but there again did you? Did you tell her in your email "Hey, when I am not with you, I will be banging every girl I can fit in"?

"GTG"s are not totally stupid. Even a quick glimpse of a photo of three towel wrapped bar girls will give a lot of the game away.

If you used the bar girls phone, and called a hand phone of the "GTG", then that number will be available for a return call. Maybe she (or one of her friends) returned the call, probably within a minute of conversation they would be able to work out this was a bg (language, inonation etc) and any amount of "it was just someone helping me out" will not be believed.

The gay guy/girl coupling is fairly common here. Think of them as brother and sister (or even closer) and you won't be far off the mark. Nothing sexual, just a very high degree of closeness.

A large part of the problem is that you think in terms of days or week, a "GTG" may think in terms of months or years.

The lack of compassion after your injury is a clear sign that something was deeply wrong, and troubling *to them*.

I would think, all in all, that she was as glad to be shot of you, as you were of her.

-j-

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Night was spent standing around a table listening to band, without much being said...

I left around 11:30 to go get some sanuk.

Was there any questions (or silent looks) about why you were leaving at that time?

>>>This is a very smart girl. Maybe she cought on to my sanuk <<<

Maybe.

Why not come right out and say to her "what went wrong?" At this point you have nothing to lose by asking.

>"GTG"s are not totally stupid. Even a quick glimpse of a photo of three towel wrapped bar girls will give a lot of the game away.

If you used the bar girls phone, and called a hand phone of the "GTG", then that number will be available for a return call. Maybe she (or one of her friends) returned the call, probably within a minute of conversation they would be able to work out this was a bg (language, inonation etc) and any amount of "it was just someone helping me out" will not be believed.

That's a valid point. Even a bg would give you a hell of a fight for that.

Hi cardinalblue,

Good points all. This girl has had several relationships with falang, although none sexual. She does to be rather foreward in a cyber relationship, but does not reciprocate in the real world. I really believe her relationship with gay guy to be benign, as she has said. I got the feeling that her 2 friends were playing safety for her, and feeling out my sencerity.

But in the end, she was not interested from day one. At least, not in the way, I'm used to seeing it.

HT

Seemed like a story where you had too high expectations HT. Some Thai girls are extremely shy, at least to foreigners. I have found that the best approach to these is to regard them as friends, and rather than make moves at them keep it at that. As you get to know them things can change.

It loosens things up, and it is useful to have contacts to get introduced through.. Things which are worth keeping does not always come easy.

If you go for chatting/internet, why not get to know many and meet several during one trip? Might save you for one big disappointment and build up.

Cheers!

>>>But in the end, she was not interested from day one. At least, not in the way, I'm used to seeing it.<<<

well, you know, girls not on the take generally are very slow in showing much affection and do suss out the guy before doing something they could regret. and yeah, i think you guessed right that they were rather quick incatching up with your activities. behavior learned in the bars might not be that obvious to you, but very obvious to any thai (well and westerners who have lived here for a while). you have spent three days with them and seems to be a bit upset that there was nothing physical.

let me tell you - i have seen my missus a few months every day before going out with her, and then i went out with her about two months before anything physical happened. any attempt of mine during that period would have resulted in an immediate end of our relationship.

the question here is more what you want. find a wife or have some fun on a holiday. if you wanna have some fun on a holiday - the you better stick to bargirls and leave the non - working girls alone. if you want a wife who is not a former bargirl - then you should unlearn everything you have learned in the bars if you want a chance.

Sounds like a bummer! I beleive I remember the excitement you had regarding this GTG and I also remember

several of us cautioning you to just wait and see. oh well...

Personally I think they sounded quite rude in terms of excluding you and making you the obvious outsider. Not very kind

It also seems she mis-represented herself to be more open when in fact like so many many GTG they are so painfully shy and reserved.

On the other hand no offense but you really blew it with the BG handphone-photos of towel clad hookers+ That was the end right there--

These two worlds don't mix AT ALL - Regular Thais lsiten to the type of Thai one uses to see if you have learned from BGS" and judge according and on and on.

On to the next!!!

mAI PEN RAI i THINK YOU HANDLED IT WELL-

If you get a glimmer of what they thought -let us know !

Archived