Woodstock Ripoff Attempt...

the_numbers

"...>phom mai yak jai ngeuhn sawng jan

Where on earth do you get away with this logic? If you order two dishes you pay for them whether they meet your taste bud requirements or not. These guys are not giving food away for nothing - they have a living to make.

LOL! ..."

I'll disagree a bit, I have worked in a few restaurants, and in general, if a dish is not what the customer expected, they can usually send it back for a replacement or correction. I realize that LOS is different, but I also agree that there was "bin stuffing" of sorts going on. The presnece of the pink slip seems to indicate something was a mis. Not uncommon for people who handle cash to pull receipts and pocket the cash. As a regular to Woodstock, and a aquaintance of the owner, I can see The_Numbers concern for his friend the Manager.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi There JaiGuruDev,

Things like that have happened to me a few times, but how can one get upset when a pretty girl is bringing a beer is beyond me.

The same thing has happed to me as well, but i just shrug it off and eat what i can off the food and say nothing, as by just shouting at the pore girl is going to get you no were, as as soon as your voice goes to an octave they dont like, then the girl you are talking to just switches off as she do8use not want to be in the possition of loosing face.

I met aload of girls there 4 years ago, and they bent over backwards to help me out including going shoping for me so i could drink Vodka & Redbull.

Cheers Roman

I would really have to say that I truely sympathize with your unfortunate experience. I had something similar happen to me involving eggs. One morning while in Chiang Mai I decided I wanted a 3 minute egg for breakfast. As everyone knows a 3 minute egg does not mean that you boil the egg for 3 minutes, but has everything to do with the texture and consistancy of the yolk and the firmness of the white. As they are considered food service professionals I would have expected everyone at the little cafe to know this.

As you have guessed by now the 1st egg I got was still raw. I called the waitress over and demanded another egg. The 2nd and 3rd egg were also raw. I then asked the waitress why they could not do a proper 3 minute egg. She told me that they were cooking the eggs for 3 minutes. Becoming a bit irritated, I realized that they were cooking the egg as if they were at sea level....for 3 minutes. :banghead: As we all know water boils at 212 degrees at sea level or a barometric pressure of 30.05 inHg. I wrote out the formula using the barometric pressure for them to calculate the cook time for the egg at elevation. The waitress looked at me like I was the idiot and retreated to the kitchen. The 4th, 5th and 6th eggs were a combination of over cooked or under cooked. I decided maybe they were having a problem with the formula so I decided I better do the calculation myself. I asked the waitress to direct me to the barometer to check the barometric pressure. The untrained lass now looked totally dazed and confused. I then wrote out a cook time for the egg. She again retreated back to the kitchen with the slip of paper dangling from her hand. We went back and forth like this for 8 more eggs until finally they brought one that was acceptable. What I could not believe was that they charged me for 14 eggs when I tried to pay the bill. There is no doubt in my mind that there seeming lack of culinary skills was a total scam to try and get me to pay for more eggs.

I have travelled all over Europe and the US. Every Entree ever ordered in my life has been cooked to perfection and the service has always been impecable. I will admit that I am no Bill Gates but when I go to Thailand I still expect to be treated as such.

"This must be an attempt at humor, right"

A very astute observation :bow:. I guess there's no "pulling the wool" over your eyes :hug:... Yes, this was an attmept at humor or maybe bit of a satirical comment on our heightened expectations as we meander through Thailand.

Archived