Woodstock Ripoff Attempt...

the_numbers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:applause: :applause: :applause:

my expectations are always low and i try to communicate with the staff in their language; therefore i get many pleasant surprise!

except you talk about eating, recommend a fish and chips shop while i am on Diet! :banghead:

first post .i like woodstock have been using the gaff for 5 years .people change so does the menu, people get things wrong!!!!!!it!s another scam,....shock ,horror bar tabetc etc rip off. ilove reading the board ,BUT some of you guys need to get a grip on life................

Says Chanchao:

This is not a rip-off, and not a scam. It?s a communication issue and a typical case of having too high expectations. I think you made a way too big deal out of nothing. If I had a fit every time some Thai restaurant in England/Europe/USA completely and utterly raped the essence of a particular Thai dish then I?d be constantly out of breath.

I agree, I usually have trouble getting the staff at a McDonalds in the US to understand my order.

Have to agree with some of the othres. You have blown this out of proportion.

There is NOONE who hates getting ripped off more than me. Even if its 5 baht. It's the principle.

However this sounds like a lack of communication.

Blame the owner if anyone he obviously has a policy of if it gets cooked it gets paid for. Either by the customer or the waitress.

This is a difficult situation. I think you were more than a little optimistic expecting a waitress in such an establishment to know about different types of vinegar. By dowsing your food in vinegar, they actually TRIED to make your food the way you wanted it, even though they simply ended up by cocking it all up!

It's a difficult situation this one, but a scam it is not, more a misunderstanding.

Stick

I have to protest the misunderstanding angle. :dunno:

I speak Thai.. talked to staff in Thai and told them after the fuck up that if they couldn't change the order, "mai pen rai - gaw phom mai yak jai ngeuhn sawng jan."

I will eat the mai aroi farang food. ::

The scam was the bin stuffing. :cussing: I don't want to pay for two plates I'll eat the shitty food (I expected it would be mayonnaise but not salad vinegar on the food).

I wasn't hot until it turned into a hustle.

McDonald's is tricky I agree, but everything there sort of smells the same, so I guess it doesn't matter. ::

cheers,

numbers

Archived