The Best Hotel In Thailand

Torneyboy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says samak:

i have named a couple in my previous post:

Amanpuri, Santiburi, Panviman, Peninsula, Regent, Royal Cliff etc.

Peninsula and the regent have been mentioned.

Santiburi Dusit resort (i thought by mentioning 1 Dusit would be enough as are all top hotels)

thanks samak :neener:

great bkk hotels still missing:

*bayoke sky hotel - tallest in thailand if not more?

*grace - sleaziest & great value

*conrad - newest 5*

*siam hotel - central location in center of thai style after hour action, near rachada MP & not far from suk!

People look for different things when making a decision like the service, location, reputation, or facilities. For me it is the quality of the room. I have been to several 5 star hotels in BKK, but will go to no more. I have since discovered the best rooms are found in serviced apartments. The rooms are larger and you can get multiple rooms, broadband, stereo, kitchen, laundry machine, and basically all the comforts of home. The best kept secret is just about every serviced apartment has daily rates far below high end hotels. You can expect great facilities too like a pool, restaurant, fitness center and business center.

great bkk hotels still missing:

*bayoke sky hotel - tallest in thailand if not more?

*grace - sleaziest & great value

*conrad - newest 5*

*siam hotel - central location in center of thai style after hour action, near rachada MP & not far from suk!

Yes but i had to stop listing or would be far too many to choose from

Torneyboy,

the Santiburi Dusit Ko Samui is not a top hotel, only the room rates are. No quality.

In general there are so many hotels in Thailand which would easily make first place on a domestic scale somwhere in farangland ; further current prices are low enough. Something like the Peninsula would cost 300 USD in Europe (old), and 600 in England ( Europe new).

To my opinion there two world class properties in Siam which is the Oriental :hug: and the Amanpuri Phuket. Although the latter is show business at 800 USD a day and not approved by my gf due to a small Singha costing 400 Baht. Life is hard.

Bbill

Says buffalo_bill:

Torneyboy,

the Santiburi Dusit Ko Samui is not a top hotel, only the room rates are. No quality.

In general there are so many hotels in Thailand which would easily make first place on a domestic scale somwhere in farangland ; further current prices are low enough. Something like the Peninsula would cost 300 USD in Europe (old), and 600 in England ( Europe new).

To my opinion there two world class properties in Siam which is the Oriental
:hug:
and the Amanpuri Phuket. Although the latter is show business at 800 USD a day and not approved by my gf due to a small Singha costing 400 Baht. Life is hard.

Bbill

Sip it slow and long...400WOW :beer:

Archived