Dell computers pissing me off!

Old Hippie

Hi, need to vent. I ordered a new computer from Dell last week, got it today it is is messed up, something with the modem...so I spent over 5 hours on the phone today trying to get answers on how and when it will be fixed or replaced, very poor customer service! I kept getting people in INDIA! who had very poor communication skills, and terrible comand of English, in all a terrible ordeal, still not resolved! Be warned... O.k. I feel a bit better, thanks! :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROTFL, someone buying a computer from Michael Dell. Thats the poor mans version of buying Enron stock options.

In Germany we say: "Selber schuld" (engl: It's your own fault).

I bought two computers over the net:

First was a notebook which arrived with 3 defects and I needed a lawyer to get my money back.:cussing:

Second time a big desktop where first the motherboard crashed and later the CD-burner died. Luckily I bought a three years guarantee, but every repair took many phone calls and 3-4 weeks. Never again over the net.:banghead:

Next time I go to shop nearby like we do in the office. No problem to call them and it takes only 10 min. to bring the computer to them. Last time they needed 1 day to repair our crashed computer.:up:

>very poor customer service! I kept getting people in INDIA! who had very poor communication skills, and terrible comand of English, in all a terrible ordeal, still not resolved!

OH,

Sorry to hear DELL pc is giving you problems. You've been unlucky, their product are in most cases ok.

If it helps calm u down, that support centre you have been talking to is in Penang, Malaysia, just little south of Phuket.

Bad news Old Hippie. But you can expect this with any company unless you have connections...

Costs are cut down big time - support stinks, best option is to return it and demand a refund. What kinda laws is there in the US for this??

At least they will have to fix it on the spot, right? Can they actually demand that you do it outside the shop where you got it? Can they force you into the phone ordeal?

Cheers!

Archived