Did what I didn't want to do and now I'm screwed!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

*Jasmine used the word intelligent! I think there is a difference between a intelligent and a intellectual conversation!*

Very good point.

[color:"red"] was talking about a Thai coming to the US with a Thai degree. Thai public HS degrees aren't accepted by many US universities. [/color]

Not necessary, that is why TOFEL must be passed by students whose English is the second language. Met many students for PhDs and Masters who hold Thai Univ. degrees. I met a guy who has a PhD (now a politician) whom one of the professors in the Univ. (American) told him to go home for his spoken English was BAD!!! However, his test scors on the subject were the first of the class. ::

I do admit that the US companies hesitate hiring people with foreign degrees, especially, with the people who are not fluent in speaking.

Jasmine :devil:

[color:"red"] I think there is a difference between a intelligent and a intellectual conversation!*

[/color]

Of course there is, however, it depends on how intelligent the persons ones are talking with :neener:

My intelligent conversation may be downright "dumb/nonsense" to some people. :devil:

Cheers!

:nono:DON'T DON'T make the mistake that as a single man you can have a TBG as a friend!!They are ONLY interester in financial security.If they have a friend,it will be a Thai women!

If you want to test your friendship,introduce her to another BG that you are interested in :onfire:But be prepared for the explosion :shhh:

pattaya,

Your experiences seem counter to what I have seen. The girls in the "trade" I've seen were mostly working for a way out or for money in a fairly hardcore fashion. The only way to slow them down was to make it obviuos you weren't inexperienced and assumed the worse. I justed tended to treat them nice but make it clear there was no interest in any relationship. Then most would drop the emotional girlfriend act and just start talking. Maybe they did it because they knew there was no payout for the girlfriend act or maybe it's because that's what I seemed to want. Some actually spoke to me openly, or appeared to, and when they did there was always overlapping boyfriends, money being sent, and then you'd start to notice some of these guys just thought more was going on committment wise than the BG was actually providing, and she knew it.

There was at least one that tried the whole "I'm committed to you" angle from the start. I told her there was no reason to lie and it's ok to be a BG, I'm ok with it. I let play out on her end....I just observed her attempts for over 1 year. In that time, she kept saying she gave it all up, but I asked how? There wasn't money being sent and given her education there was no way she was working an office job like she claimed. I even had Thai friends that spotted her plying her trade 3 times, but she kept denying it. She was a sweet looking girl too.

Then there were all the ones I had the displeasure of observing, being they made their stories known either thru being associated socially with BG's either I or my friends have been regulars with. Often they would speak right in front of me. I got the biggest glimpse into the deception BGs are capable of when I finally got involved with one for real, and eventually married her. Of 5 of her friends, 2 got married. 2 were patantly cheating while awaiting their "fiances" or "husbands" while promising fidelity in return for being supported. 1 cheated on their "boyfriends" and 1 got caught and dropped. All of them claimed they "loved" their guys too much. But when another Thai, and better yet a BG they knew, countered them with a knowing "you really don't? do you?", they would shut up.

It's true that some guys go down this road and appear to have come out ok. But exceptions don't prove the rule, nor does anyone know if they are really the exception because time can often prove them wrong. For those who've been on this board even back to the old Delphi days, we can all recollect previous and even some current members who had gone done the road of trusting a BG, only to find they jumped the gun. But you are right, those who get married to BGs often aren't around these boards, and this means the failed marriage guys may not be advertising their divorces all over the net. Some do and some don't.

In the end, either the two of us are very lucky in seeing either the positive or negative, or perhaps people often see what they want to. Certainly, BGs can be nice and sweet, but in the long run it is going to go back to what they are and what they are working for ---- money, and not love.

ABC

Archived