Blue Wave/Privilege Restaurant

Sarisin

I have been watching the progress of this building as it has been going up from scratch. I pass it twice daily to/from work.

They put up the signs outside and I peeked inside today and it appears they are putting in some sort of counters or island-type things.

Thomas (owner of New Wave, Mandarin, etc.) told me about the place before, but I didn't know they would have a restaurant there too.

It is an interesting location - right next to the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit.

It will certainly make my walk home from work more interesting once it opens. :)

Brother Sarasin (long time no see) -

The restaurant upstairs is slated to be a "no hands" restaurant, believe it or not, with a number of separate dining rooms. It is supposedly being targetted mainly at Asian clientele (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Singaporean).

Or so I was told by somneone who was lined up to be the manager (but has since moved on).

'Catch you soon!

Stone Soup

Says StoneSoup:

Brother Sarasin (long time no see) -

The restaurant upstairs is slated to be a "no hands" restaurant, believe it or not, with a number of separate dining rooms. It is supposedly being targetted mainly at Asian clientele (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Singaporean).

Or so I was told by somneone who was lined up to be the manager (but has since moved on).

'Catch you soon!

Stone Soup

Thanks for the info, SS. :)

A no-hands restaurant on early Sukhumvit - I never thought I would see that.

Hmmm, targeted at Asian clientele as in expensive? Well, at least it is closer, and, hopefully, better than Galaxy.

I am assuming that there will be pool tables downstairs with a setup similar to New Wave?

Take care, and hope to see you around again one of these days.

I don't think it is "no-hands" restaurant as one of the girls I see regularly in Bkk is taking up as a cashier here. I know her pretty well and she would not join if it is "no-hands" She told me it is regular restaurant having thai & falang food and is scheduled to open around 15th July.

cheers :beer:

vinod

I thought it sounded like a pretty strange plan, but that's what I was repeatedly told. The planmay very well change.

But - note that there are no windows whatsoever on the top floor - that tend's to reinforce the original story.

As described to me, the upstairs would consist of a number of separate dining rooms, each designed for 10-12 guests. Guests would arrange themselves around a large circular table, witha cur-out in the middle. Each guest's assigned girl would be positioned in the middle of the table and above table level - I guess kneeling. She would then dish food out into the guest's mouth.

The story was developed in great detail. It sounded completely whacky to me. I guess the idea was to make it fairly hard for guests to actually gain much "traction" on the girls.

Being a cashier at this palce would be almost like being a hotel desk clerk - you would not be particularly involved with what went on behind closed doors.

Whatever. I have little interest in such a no-hands place. I'd prefer to just have another decent restaurant around. But - remember that ythis place is being built by the folks who run Manadarin and Silver Dragon, as well as New Wave. I don't think that conventional dining fits into their practice.

I guess we'll know in another month or so.

"Let the good times roll!"

StoneSoup

Well, any doubts I had about whether the Privilege restaurant will - in fact - be a no-hands restaurant were dispelled today when the principal owner provided me with his business card for the yet-to-open venue - directly above the restaurant name logo is the headline "NO HAND" - and he verbally confirmed this.

He also provided a card for the Blue Wave Pool bar - at this point, both cards have the same phone number - and it is a mobile phone number.

The defense rests it case.

Cheers!

Stone Soup

Archived