Paradorn through Hewit out

racha

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Pom Michael:

A much better performance against the young Spaniard Nadal this evening. His next match is against the American Roddick - that should either show Paradorn's weakness in concentration or highlight his season if he could pull himself together and win. I believe that Roddick is seeded 5th, against Paradon's 12th seed, so it will be a good test for him.

Anyone want an excuse to see the game live somewhere ? Anyone know the exact date / time ?

Cheers !

Michael,

Yep, it was a good game this afternoon, I watched the whole game........

Nadal still has a lot to learn at age 17, and Paradorn was rather lucky sometimes..... he has a very good first serve making lots of winners, but her shotchoose is not always good.

He needs more patience and not go each and every ball blindly to score, but built a point up.......

All players play every 2 days, but first sunday is a day off, so his next game is monday, schedule will be known saturday nite only.

Cheers !

As an Australian, I am ashamed of Hewitts antics. He is a spoilt brat, and the sooner he disappears from the world stage and stops embarrassing this country, the happier I'll be.

As for Venus Williams bleating that it takes tennis players two whole weeks to earn the same $US1 million that golfers can earn in a week, has she completely lost touch with reality ? How many mansions / fast cars / Lear jets do you need in your life ? Fuck me, these people are wankers.

Nice to see Paradorn opening his shoulders up last night with his serve. Only 9mph slower than his fastest. A far more convincing performance and some wonderful stroke play.

It was interesting to hear his interview on StarSports where he recognised now that he is seeded and that he cant play the same game as if he was a rank outsider i.e shooting from the hip. Maybe that has hampered him in the first two rounds but I am sure that he will perform against Roddick ::

Roddick is in confident mood and whilst his serve is undoubtedly superior to Paradorn's I believe Paradorn has the abililty to anticipate and react sucesfully to his serve. A fine match to look forward to over the weekend.

:applause:Well done Paradorn.....keep it real.

Racha....cool ones and tennis.....lavish. Push the boat out fella and get on the Pims :beer: It's a wonderful drink to share with the ladies :grinyes:

itsmedave ***Just looked at the ATP rankings on the sportsline website, and they have Paradorn listed at number 27. While that seems more like it, I'm not sure if it's accurate, because I haven't heard about the fall elsewhere. Also, it has Agassi listed at number 2 behind Ferrero, but the announcers at Wimbeldon said he was first ranked today. Perhaps this is some other rankings system, because it also has Leyton Hewitt at number 12.***

The ATP entry rankings have Agassi number 1 and Paradon at 11th place these are the real rankings, The ATP champions race rankings are the ones you looked at , The champions race rankings while indicating the current form players in the game at any stage does not indicate an overall standing in the game for that you have to look at the The ATP entry rankings to determine the seedings and entries for tournaments, the champions race rankings will tell you though is who is playing hot at the moment as it is based on a 52 week rolling system unlike the official rankings going year start to year end, that's why you will see Ferrero on top with Agassi just behind they are the current form players and Paradorn not in his best form lately has him dropped to 27th in the champions race

ATP REVIEW BELOW ON Paradorn for first quarter of 2003 just before his recent bad patch,

'' The No. 1 player from Thailand :up: compiled an 18-10 match record through first four months of action, highlighted by his third career ATP title in Chennai...He also became first Asian player to rank in Top 10 in history of ATP Rankings on Apr. 21 at No. 10...He opened with his title performance in Chennai (d. Kucera) and followed with a QF in Sydney...He broke out of a 1-4 slump in March by advancing to SF at TMS Miami where he defeated Kafelnikov and T. Martin before losing to Moya...He posted two Davis Cup wins over Uzbekistan to improve to 4-0 on season and lead his country into World Group playoff tie against Czech Republic in September...He struggled on clay with a 2-5 match record going into Roland ''

ATP REVIEW 2002 for the record ::

'' One of most improved players on ATP circuit enjoyed his best career season by winning two titles and reaching two other finals...Became first Thai player to finish in Top 20 and win an ATP title and first Asian in that year-end group since India's Vijay Amritraj was No. 20 in 1980...Made biggest improvement in match victories from previous season, winning 39 more matches (from 10 to 49) and finished with most hard court match victories (40) on tour...Also made second-biggest climb in Top 20 (behind Gonzalez), improving 110 positions on ATP Entry System...Had wins over six Top 10 players, including year-end Top 4 of Hewitt, Agassi, Safin and Ferrero...Moya was only other player to accomplish feat...Posted an impressive 32-10 match record in second half of year after going 17-15 through Wimbledon...Opened season by reaching his first ATP final in Chennai (d. Johansson, Pavel, l. to Canas)...Did not win back-to-back matches again until March when he reached QF in Delray Beach...Advanced to Grand Slam-best 3rd RD at Roland Garros (l. to Di Pasquale) and Wimbledon (d. Agassi in 2nd, l. to Krajicek)...In his last 11 tournaments (32-10 mark), won two titles, reached one final, advanced to three SF and one QF...Lost only once in 1st RD during that span...In August, reached final in Washington (l. to Blake) and followed with first ATP title in Long Island (d. Chela)...Then lost to Rusedski in five sets in 2nd RD at US Open and followed with SF in Tashkent (d. Safin, l. to Kafelnikov)...After a 1st RD exit in Hong Kong (l. to Dent), went 15-3 in his last four tournaments and improved from 31 to No. 16, winning title in Stockholm (d. Rios), SF in Tokyo (d. Hewitt, l. to Carlsen) and TMS Paris (d. Ferrero, Canas, Roddick, l. to Hewitt) and QF at TMS Madrid (d. Kuerten, Henman, l. to Novak)...Compiled records of 40-17 on hard, 5-2 on carpet, 2-2 on grass, 2-4 on clay...Earned a career-high $643,069. ''

itsmedave IMHO, Paradorn was very, very, very lucky to go through and unless his game picks up he will be bundled out of Wimbledon in the third round in straight sets!

Sorry wrong he won in straight sets :grinyes:

:cover:

Says Bhat_Man:

What on earth does he see in her?
:dunno:
Won't anybody touch her in Belgium?

Well, I guess its all in the eye of the beholder....... :)

She is definitely not a looker, but she is a winner, right ?

Besides that, she is very well-liked on the circuit, friendly, sporty, and has 2 famous parents as well.

Her mom was a gymchampion in her own time and her dad, Lei Clijsters was the captain of the national soccer team in the 80's, and played the best years of KV Mechelen if anyone remembers :)

Cheers !

I like to watch him play and hope he can win this time.

My younger sister looks at the tennis as much as she can .

she likes the game and him as well.

Hi,

So does anyone know when Paradon's match is on today???? I know that thai TV channel 7 is showing it live, but when???? Can't find any info in the Bangkok Post or Nation onlines and we don't get the paper till late afternoon...soo does anyone know as I don't want to miss what should be an excellant match-Go Paradon! :D

Archived