Paradorn through Hewit out

racha

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Wimbledon website:

'Defending champion Serena kicks off the Centre Court schedule against Elena Dementieva.

This match will be followed on Centre by two eagerly anticipated men's clashes. The first involves Andy Roddick and the Thai, Paradorn Srichaphan.'

It depends on how long the first match lasts. They start playing at 1pm (19:00 Thai time) say the Serena match lasts 1 hour or so and my guess is they won't start before 20:00 Thai time (30 June).

Goodluck!

:beer:

Thanks Zaad and bhatman for the times....at least its enough to get me planted in front of the tv in time. I only catch thai tv so its been hard to catch Paradorn's matches from the beginning, as they do advertise it coming, but I can't read thai yet ::....thanks again ::, and Go Paradorn!!!!!

BM,

He is on Centre Court and plays after Serena Williams. She is playing the 15th Seed at 7pm Thai Time so I reakon he'll be on at about 8.30 -9.00 Thai Time

All depends on how fast Serena plays!

-->> guys, be carefull to have enough beer before watching it....... the forecast here is rain, and more rain, could be lots of delays then :( :(

She's certainly a good tennis player. Not sure which half of the competition she is in but I would like to see a Kim v Justine final.

That would make me tune in this coming saturday (weather permitting)

-->> well, she is, and a final Kim (seeded 2) vs Justine (seeded 4 ) can be done again, just like Roland Garros :), but I dont feel Justine is 100 % ok, she looks tired and still has a bit of a problem with the hand.... then again, let the best win !

Cheers !

BB,

You were right about the rain. Ended up with about a 45 minute rain delay.

Paradorn should tape and replay his second set as an inspiration for himself. Some of the shots and volleys that both he and Roddick were hitting were impressive.

The momentum really changed early in the third set when Paradorn has his serve broken.

Cheers!

Racha said... <even when he was playing well you where knocking him as you seem to have it in for this guy no mater how he plays, you where knocking him down when he was playing some really great tennis earlier in the year, >

I think of it more as independant thinking than "having it in for him" I correctly prognosticated that he was more hype than substance back when he was "playing well" (playing well as defined by getting a lucky win over Agassi and beating some unranked players) I said back then when everybody was saying he'd be the one to break out this year that he'd be lucky to be in the top 20 by the end of it. Well, while he is 11th right now, in this years rankings he is 27th, and will fall somewhere around there in the other rankings if he can't pull off the 2 victories he had late last year. Considering the fact that he's been sent packing by the second round 5 TIMES more often than when he advances this year...that's going to be a tough nut to crack.

On the other hand...he did finally play up to his ranking in this tournament and made it to the final 16. I would caution however, that he did so by beating nothing but unranked players and still hasn't beaten a single seeded player this year. (He technically beat Rios, but he withdrew before the match) But congrats are in order for getting that far...just don't read too much into it.

The match was an exciting one, but it is disconcerting how important the first serve has become. Paradorn was unstoppable when he got his serve in, and the 4 times his service was broken was when his first serve was failing. Similarily the one time Roddick was broken was when his first serve left him. Used to be a slight advantage getting your first serve in, but now I would wager the winning point winning percentage was HEAVILY tied to whether it was a first serve or not. Then, later, Phillipousis makes 45 aces in his win. That's 11 games just on aces...not counting service winners. Not sure this is good for men's tennis. More exciting when you had to work for the points and the spectator had less of an idea what it took to win. This could be why the women have overtaken the men in popularity.

Just a few thoughts...and I don't hate Paradorn, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. By the way, saw him interviewed and it seemed he had an almost Sounthern Californian accent. Was he educated in the States? There certainly was no trace of a Thai accent in his perfect English? I was surprised because folks haven't gotten as much behind Tamarine and it seemed it was because she was as much American as she is Thai, but there is never a foreign connection made with Paradorn. I would have thought he was strictly old-fashioned Thai all the way, but it seems otherwise. Still, seems nice enough.

PM,

Yep, sorry about the rain :( did not help him at all :(

I saw the last set only as Belgian, Dutch, French and BBC had other games on, and frankly I was not impressed at all, it looked like he was running on empty......

My 2 girls are through though, good on them........ semi finals 2 x Belgium vs 2 x Williams ?

Cheers !

Archived