Airline / Credit Card reward programs

gobbledonk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, TTM - you put a lot of effort into this post, and it is appreciated. It pretty much confirms the situation as I saw it, but I still think the individual airlines and their credit card partners do their level best to make it as complex as possible for the consumer.

If only Star Alliance included Garuda - they have the cheapest business class fares from BNE to Asia.

>If only Star Alliance included Garuda - they have the cheapest business class fares from BNE to Asia.

It was on Oz TV, ABC News, a few years ago - an amateur video, a Garuda flight: while the plane was going through rough turbulence, the cabin crew were on their knees in the aisles - praying!

Please note BA changed his rules to collect miles as of july first 2003.

Discounted tickets (class K, L, M etc) will no loner get full milage, but only 0.25 miles for each mile flown.

Also to redeem miles has been cut back, iso the 50k miles required for a return ticket LHR-BKK you now need 80k. You can get upgrades now, which was not possible in the old system.

Redeeming miles in Europe has improved, you now need 12k iso at least 18k depending on destination.

I think the BA frequent flyer program is less tempting now, certainly not for discount travellers. Maybe they alligned towards STAR alliance members?

Great stuff, Geordie. My only complaints are :

1. I dont get much work done sitting here looking at the screensaver.

2. If you differentiate Air New Zealand flights in North America from United Airlines flights (two shades of blue ..), you must have pretty spectacular eyesight.

These petty quibbles aside, this is a fantastic model : I'd like to have it running on my laptop on board a flight approaching somewhere like Singapore and casually mention to the passenger next to me 'Wow - look at how many planes are in our airspace ! That one looks kinda close ...' :grinyes: :grinyes:

Archived