Airline / Credit Card reward programs

gobbledonk

The best milage card in the US is the Starwood Preferred Guest Card from American Express. It has no annual fee for the 1st year ($30 therafter). You earn 1 starpoint for every dollar charged (3 pts for every $ charged at a Starwood hotel, ie Sheraton, W, etc).

You can convert your Starwood points to 25 different mileage programs and here's the kicker: 20,000 points will be converted to 25,000 FF miles!

If you stay at Starwood properties, you can use the points for free rooms, there are no blackouts or restrictions. When you use your points for hotel rooms, you are gettiing an unbelievable value of 2.5 cents per point.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says BelgianBoy:

I'll be on a beach somewhere thinking of you drinking in first
:)

Well BB,

you seem to know how to please people. Hopefully, while drinking my beer, the sun will shine on your beach ;)

Enjoy! :)

BB,

Let me see if I understand this correctly :

You will be on a beach in Thailand, not a care in the world, and you plan to spend this time thinking of Pete drinking in the First Class lounge at an airport ?

Even in my darkest moments, I try *not* to think of airports. I can imagine that Pete will be drinking to forget that he has another 2 hours before the flight, then God-knows-how-many in the air. The sooner they get those teleporters happening (I'll bet Bill Gates has one) for the masses, the happier I'll be. Ok, there may the odd half-man / half-woman emerging from the first 'flights', but thats not necessarily a barrier to employment in Thailand :)

Says artiew:

Ok, there may the odd half-man / half-woman emerging from the first 'flights', but thats not necessarily a barrier to employment in Thailand
:)

:beer:

Archived