work in LOS

Says StoneSoup:

The real issue is - how many farang working for multi-nationals in Thailand were hired into their first jobs in Thailand as unemployed job seekers who came to Thailand with no job.

If you phrase it this way, then I agree with you- not so many. Of those folks I know, only two managed to find jobs this way- both of them having Thai wives, so their motivation was probably better and their companies view of them was that they are more stable than your average Joe.

I won't go into details about where my friends work, but it sounds like you'd be surprised when you found out!

To get you in the door you need to be functionally qualified. Then it's a question of getting the right job- as mentioned before, networking seems to be the key here. Pounding the pavement with CV in hand most likely won't pay off.

Cheers!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does somebody know how to find a job in LOS??? My intention is to find (to contract) a job before go live to LOS.

Some interesting Thai HR companies, headhunters, web-pages,...??

Thanks in advance...

some international headhunter (they prefer the term executive search) have a branch in Bangkok:

Korn Ferry

Boyden

Amrop

the large auditor companies also have a HR department like

price waterhouse coopers

ernst & young

deloitte

KPMG

grant thornton

(some may be separated by now)

then there are many middle level recruiting companies; have a look in Bangkok Post and the Nation

Archived