Airline passenger details available to third party

Palatkik

I thought this was a no no, but was reading another column this weekend that suggested TG was giving this out to some people who asked.

A friend of mine recently flew in on another foreign airline and his GF (not direct travel industry related) was able to ascertain that he was not on the flight arrival he said he would be on. Of course he wasn?t, he had preplanned a few days bar hopping before and came in early but that?s beside the point.

Cheers,

I read that other post as well, I can confirm that Thai Air unlike other airlines has no problem to give out this info, At Phuket airport there are passenger lists printed out publicly displayed on the wall for all to see naming everyone on the Thai flights arriving, Comes in handy when picking people up and not sure if they made the flight or not but can not be to good for security overall and personnel reasons as some folks wanting to remain anonymous for various reasons.

Not sure about other countries but in the U.S., this is supposed to be a no-no. Information about a passenger can only be given to this passenger or the booking party. This is actually a federal act that happened in 1974 so has been around for decades but is not followed closely. All depends on the agent you ask what kind of information you will get.

Troy

Being a Private Dick, I can tell you that there is NO information that cannot be obtained by either asking the right questions or by paying the right person.

Says PvtDick:

Being a Private Dick, I can tell you that there is NO information that cannot be obtained by either asking the right questions or by paying the right person.

Well legally they should not give out info.

but as you say under the table anything can happen.

I tried to pick up a friend in FRA today who was on a Cathay flight from HK. In HK she had to transfer from another flight.

When she did not turn up I asked Cathay whether she had boarded the flight to FRA and they gave me this crap about privacy laws... Extremely unhelpful. Like HK has become more law-and-order than Germany.

HKG hasn't become more law and order than Germany but Cathay Pacific strictly observed the German 'Datenschutzgesetz' (Pesonal Data Protection Law).

To give any information about a passenger to a third party is a very strong violation of the a.m. law and usually results in heavy fines.

After the 9/11, all airlines have to give the passenger manifesto to the FAA / airport where the plane is schedule to arrive (trim sheet). The same is for the shipping companies in US. In the grab of security, there is no more privacy in the US / World :banghead:

cheers :beer:

vinod

What?????? Better recheck your sources. The only way we give out passenger info is if somebody has a subpoena in their hands. I am not saying that it doesn't happen sometimes but the airline I work for has this policy. Don't know anything about giving passenger name lists to the FAA. I guess I would be the one doing that if it were done cuz I send 9 flights a day out of my city.

Troy

Archived