Patpong bar warning...Kings Corner

yfs

carew...i can see that i am going to have to grab you by the ear and drag you down to the pong for a "run through the jungle". and sooner than we both thought.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been to patpong many times and i don't recall ever being pulled (and hardly ever touched) by a male....they only yell and follow you and put pictures/menus in your face...maybe once in a while a touch on the arm. But the girl-gauntlet at soi cowboy (and sometimes at NEP) bothers me more.

Says Norfloxacin 400:

carew...i can see that i am going to have to grab you by the ear and drag you down to the pong for a "run through the jungle". and sooner than we both thought.

Okay, you're on. I might as well live a day as a lion than a lifetime as a backpacker eh?

Sooner than we thought eh..? I should be on MSN on Saturday at the usual time (London Contingent is having a brief summer recess that day) and we'll catch up on what's been happening.

Hi Carew66,

Tell me about it. I have been there a few times and the place is just one big dive :(

A girlfriend of mine wanted to go to show me what it was like, and im shoure she only took me to the rubbish bars in the first place as to not give me any kind of ideas, hahahhahaha so i went there again by myself with my trusty get out of jail free card i manage to pick up from Woodstock just before leaveing.

I really was not missing out on anything, i went to different bars and some gogo's becouse i had hurd so much about them, but in each place there were only a few dancers on stage and they looked half dead, and the bills were just a joke. 100+ baht for a BEER and this was 4 years ago.

There was one place that i really liked and it was a karaoki bar on the corner of the main Pat Pong high street and that was fantastic, and no over pricing and the place was full of customers all the time :)

Cheers and your not missing out on anything, hahahahha Roman

:: :: ::

Cor, I'm really getting sold on this place now! Ro - as you can see I have been summoned by the guy from Oz (an offer I can't refuse).

At least I'll have some sort of a tale to tell at the end of it...

PP sounds like a redlight area version of a Skoda to me though.

(Hmmm - better get my old Karrimor out and head for, like, Kao Sahn Road, like, totally dudes).

?...the girl-gauntlet at soi cowboy (and sometimes at NEP) bothers me more.?

Yep, and not all of them are real girls. :)

I agree with the guys who say it?s still possible to have fun in the Patpong bars and my advice would be not to completely write the place off just because of what others might say.

True, the ?pong is strong medicine best taken in small doses, and the place is for sure not everyone?s cup of tea. One thing I?ve noticed though is that many of the guys who seem to condemn PP the most tend to favor beerbar venues over gogos (nothing wrong with that) which could be a factor to consider.

I generally avoid the Kings Group bars not so much for the reasons others have given, but more because I simply can?t stand the music they play! Still, I find myself lured back in because Kings Group consistently has some of the best looking gogo girls around (at least some of them are girls aren?t they ::). :)

ST

I occasionally go to the pong when I get bored of the other venues.. Everytime I get there I wonder why I bothered.

I quite like gogo bars and beer bars. I think the difference between patpong and the other bar areas is that its far too pushy, and although they do have some nice looking girls I often feel the environment is sterile and without and real character.

The music they play is far too loud and it means you cant really chat to anyone or even hear yourself think. The girls there generally want silly money and dont really have a sanuk attitude. Plus have you ever tried to get a taxi to turn on the meter when the place shuts down at 2? :banghead:

Not a big fan of Patpong myself but happened to be there last Sat night, was in a few of the Kings group bars and noticed when a drink was delivered to me and to others in the bar that the bill was shown direct to your face before going in the cup, lets see how long it lasts though,

Now I just read on old man Trinks weekly page that the

...quote.. '' King's Group (Patpong area) wishes it known that it has weeded out those who padded bills in its watering holes. ``The few bad apples won't be coming back, I assure you!'' Now we know.''

That's good they recognized the problem. Not good if they really do think it is gone. They also write down how much you hand them and show it to you before getting change so there is no question later on whether they were given a 500 vs 1000 note for instance. I believe last year they also did a house cleaning of bad mamasans. These are procedural things and I think the owner is doing what he can.

The owner is actually pretty cool. He's an older chinese gentleman perhaps around 60 who often can be seen as a welcome guy in front of Queen's Castle. I was impressed on New Years he went around the bar I was in with a bottle of champagne and personally poured and toasted each customer up a free glass. He's also big on continually testing BGs and educating them on safe sex. If a BG misses an all hands meeting, they get docked the whole month. He's a guy who I've seen sit down and have a drink and visit with a customer too. As the Italian saying goes, "the owner is in the kitchen" is a good thing.

I think Kings group has a cool, sweeping range of entertainment. You've got a katoey bar (King III), high energy (Camelot), good shows (Queen), outdoor beer bar (King Garden), thai restaurant (Tip Top), short time rooms, MP's, and that is just the start! Prices tend to be lower than elsewhere too. But the hoards of newbies who get drunk and have their guard down are just too great a temptation for some of the workers. Best to have a workable strategy not to get padded or just relax and stick to Sukhumvit.

Archived