Patpong bar warning...Kings Corner

yfs

Last night at Kings Corner (Patpong 1) they padded our bill by two beers. Unfortunately my newbie friend payed the bill without looking it over.

I think I will (from now on) pay as I go when I am out drinking.

Getting cheated ruins my mood for the whole evening.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree getting conned in the land of smiles by smiling waitresses ruins an evening, but you got off easy. It's too bad to hear the bar pulled it off without any negative consequences. After a long evening of drinking there several years ago, I had the most memorable bill pad ever. The bin was stuffed with bogus bar fines and 250 baht lady drinks and that's when I finally wised up on how King's Corner operates. They're good at knowing who and how much to pad. If you are in patpong and at a bar that starts with the word King or Camelot, bill padding is a huge problem.

What you can do is look at the number written on each chit. This is the dancer/waitress number who will get paid their cut for it later on. Thus, you can easily find who scammed you and do as you wish knowing this bit of intelligence. Just note the mamasan will not be on your side and possibly her number will be one of the ones in there as kind of a kick back from the waitress to her. If you go back, my bet is they will remember you from last time and push the envelope on padding even higher than before. Just get the same waitress, get a couple rounds of drinks, act like you're having the time of your life, and you'll soon see.

Says Chanchao:

Ok.. when will we finally agree to just stop going to Patpong? Drinks sure are cheaper in some places though... But if you're not familiar with that area then just avoid.......

Never been. Don't want to, simply on the amount of posts of this nature that appear all over the boards, all saying much the same thing. Place sounds like a crock of shit and I'm not going to waste time finding that out for myself. No - not even to say 'I've been'. Nor to 'make my own mind up' - I have made my own mind up.

Well I am glad you made up your own mind. Or is it others have made up your mind for you. Patpong isn't the devil as many people make it out to be. Just like anywhere, if you go looking like "rip me off", thats what you might receive. But if you go to Patpong sober, not already drunk, and have some sort of street smarts to you, then you won't get ripped off. I think most people that get ripped off there are the ones who spnd 1000 baht or more per establishment. JUst go in and have a beer or 2. Don't sit there all night and rack up a big bill. On the average, a drink and a lady drink costs about 100 baht. Give or take a few baht. That is easy math. If you can't remember did I have 2 or 10 drinks, then I suspect you will be a target where ever you go.

Good Luck:

Z

I don't want to go into a discussion about the nightlife areas, but I have never been 'padded' in the 'pong'. A reasonable variety of the best bj-bars is there too.

My advise, simply do your home-work (some bars are to be avoided), follow common sense and don't be a fool, then everything will be ok.

Archived