What's the real cost of getting laid?

Lamock Chokaprret

I thought a reality check might be in order. We hear a lot about what ST / LT rates are but the real cost is when you add it all up at the end of the day (or night) and see the dent it made in your wallet. I've been off the game for quite a while but I'll venture a guess.

1. Hotel - 1200b

2. Meals - 250b (3 meals per day)

3. 1 ST - 1500b

4. Transportation - 60b (1 skytrain and 1 taxi ride per day)

5. Drinks for punter - 360b (how many does it take you to find your girl?)

6. Lady drinks - 200b (don't forget to tip)

7. Hidden costs?

Total cost per lay per day: 3570b

This estimate is what I think is reality in BKK so if your estimate is for Pattaya (or elsewhere) please let me know.

This is actually a serious question because I have a friend from the states contemplating a trip and I intend to pass on the information. Real life examples are preferred and not ranges as these can be misleading. Better yet is if someone added up the cost in these categories over a long duration and can give a true average.

I based this analysis on one ST per night but maybe you do 2 or prefer LT. Don't you take that LT girl out for a dinner or 3? Include that cost and maybe a description of why you prefer one over the other (economically speaking).

And what about the hidden costs? For example, all those tattoos that Fiery Jack buys the girls for their arses.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A worthwhile subject for the budget concious but I don't think you can just work out a daily cost and multiply it by the number of days you are in LOS.

To give you a recent example of Pattaya last month:

Hotel 1350 (Residence Garden)

Baht buses 100

Food 150

Beer 750

Other drinks 500

Bar fine 200

Mackintoshes 100

Companion 1300

So approximate total per day 4450

Another day could add a S/T at say 600, plus S/T hotel at 350, better / more food adding another 400, playing pool 100, more girls drinks 300 and so on. that would add another 1750++ to the daily total, whilst going bowling (500) or perhaps hiring a boat (1500) would push the cost up even further.

Each to his own but it would be a shame if your friend had say a 10 day budget but found himself busted after 7 days due to "unforseen" or extra curricular activities.

Ah - a fan of the RG eh? Good innit? Couldn't get in for Christmas even though I tried booking in May (!) so I have a nearby place sorted. Described as a 'boutique hotel' (Wha'fuck) but some good reviews. I'd guess you know where I'm on about.

I'd say that you're budget is just about bang on. Profligate bastard that I am I never include the hotel bills and then go roughly on 100GBP per day messing about cash. Very roughly.

I would suggest to overestimate ( bring some $$ back if possible)

no fun to run low on funds the last few days of a trip and have to decide between some drinks or cheep food.

the other day i worked out what i had spent on my 5 trips (79 days) to thailand in the past 2 years inclusive of everything. I have asked several average punters what they spend and everyone usually comes up with similar numbers. Here is a brief breakdown:

5 return airfares from Australia

1 side trip to Angkor Wat (6 days)

12 days in pattaya

61 days in bangkok

6 eden trips

41 different birds from gogos/beerbars/FLers

average beer costs: 1000/day

60 night accomodation @ 1000BHT night

19 nights staying in BGs appartment

plus food/small amount of shopping etc etc etc

I would consider myself an average punter that neither throws his money around or penny pinches.

averaged out at 8716.455 BHT/day all inclusive

The bottom line is that it always costs more than you plan for no matter what your intentions are. :) and then there is always to cost to my sanity which is yet to be written down ::

Archived