Would you buy a house in your GF/wife's name?

pattaya127

You're missing a very important point. Most Farang men are looking at fifty productive years of working, the most productive years coming in the latter half of their careers. The TGs you're talking about have to do the best they can to secure some kind of a financial success in a window of ten years maybe stretching it to fifteen years, by the time they're 30-35. After that opportunities are very few and far between if they exist at all. Pull your head out and take a look around.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"] Once you own property, you are then thaied to it, so will end up getting stuck somewere that one day you might not want to be, so renting a place, 5 bedroom / 6 bathrooms sounds like a good idea to me, and i can walk out of it whenever my girlfriend / wife and I decide to do so.[/color]

Yes and No, eveything is relative in life.

As mentionned in the post above this one these ladies have a need for security, especially in the 30-35 age bracket. I do have several fall backs in place, she has none except some hope I will provide her this security. It's understandable a house near their family is the way to go for them, close to relatives and always possible to make some money with a small business. They do live on a few baht up there in the villages.

Or I will need to give her the guarantee she will get sufficient funds when I die or I could provide her with a house, in which case I might well live up there. I haven't made any decision yet on which way to go. I am the one paying 5k baht for a 6 bedroom/ 7 bahtroom house, but I know this will not last for ever. New shop houses are being built in Chumpon and the owners are asking 15k baht/month, and what business are you possibly going to run there???

5k baht/month is 600k in 10 years, makes me think what about a 600k investment or 1 million, or give her a 1 million guarantee in case I die tomorrow???

>As mentionned in the post above this one these ladies have a need for security, especially in the 30-35 age bracket. I do have several fall backs in place, she has none except some hope I will provide her this security.

It's like a man in a circus walking the rope. There is a net underneath if he falls. That's what we (farangs) have.

BGs (or ex-bgs) don't have that. And they want it.

Says bahnawk:

You're missing a very important point. Most Farang men are looking at fifty productive years of working, the most productive years coming in the latter half of their careers. The TGs you're talking about have to do the best they can to secure some kind of a financial success in a window of ten years maybe stretching it to fifteen years, by the time they're 30-35. After that opportunities are very few and far between if they exist at all. Pull your head out and take a look around.

sure!i pull my head out the best i can!and what i observe is that the local men,tuk-tuk drivers ,fishermen,farmers,shopowners,resaurantworkers,constructionworkers,bankpersonell or whatever can not secure their wives future in fifteen years.not all thai lady are beautiful,and can become a mia noi for successfull thai businessmen.some have dark skin to,and some maybe dont want it that way,i dont know,but it is sad if a thai women feel like she have won in lottery,no mean who stupid and ugly the farlang man is!

The TGs you're talking about have to do the best they can to secure some kind of a financial success

---------------------------------

I would think that every thai couple thinks about buying a house if they can, and not lose on the investment, or make sure it becomes a safeguard against the money-earner losing its health or life, or simply leaving. What i get from this thread is that many guys are planning on losing the house if a separation occurs. I hear a lot of this from well-off thais too.

The BG thing is funny. I still have a problem accepting they go inot the "life" to save money, because they miserably fail in this, most of them. Which could mean that the only good thing one can get from working the P4P, is a house. Actually, sounds about right, you are correct, sir!

I think most BG's get in to it, as it is easy money....

-----------------------------------

I disagree with you. For most, it's a big step to start doing this, as on the face of it, an awful lot really (in Pattaya, at least) soon get a farang BF, therefore do not have to work shifts of tricks, quite a mia noi situation more than a prostitute.

They do feel more comfortable with this kind of situation, because it's not funny TO HAVE TO BE a prostitute.

I am aware that most disagree with me on this, but until prostitution is taught at school, and part of CV, I assume that most girls are not reaching their teens thinking ahead to the easy money they will make soon.

PS: Incidentally, If they are BGs, they are already into it, no?

"The BG thing is funny. I still have a problem accepting they go inot the "life" to save money, because they miserably fail in this, most of them. Which could mean that the only good thing one can get from working the P4P, is a house."

I have to admit most of the money I have "saved" to this day is in the form of equity and appreciation in my house(s). Unfortunately I have never made a religious effort to save a portion of my income thinking of the future. That's at least one thing I have in common with most BGs.

Archived