Would you buy a house in your GF/wife's name?

pattaya127

Well, make that a Definite Maybe. Actually, I got this confused with the Life Insurance thread. A house I would consider; even if I misread the chick and she dumped me, the house is hers and no need to kill me. Life insurance? No way!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote=

I would register any purchase of land or property in a rural or village location in the girls name, frankly I couldn?t see myself wanting to stay (or being accepted living there) if the relationship ended.

I am suprised that there are people who are willing to settle down in a rural or village location close to her family.sounds more like a nightmare to me! :: :: ::

Says Big_Kahuna:

Well, make that a Definite Maybe. Actually, I got this confused with the Life Insurance thread. A house I would consider; even if I misread the chick and she dumped me, the house is hers and no need to kill me. Life insurance? No way!

Iam agree with that.makes me scered only to think about. :nono:

Says pattaya127:

sounds more like a nightmare to me!

------------------------------------

Any experience why you'd think that?

thank God no! some things in life is just not nessesarry to make ANY experience.imagine boring,nothing to do.her family ,maybe fourty or fifty,come and say hello to your girl every day.probably put her under huge pressure every time someone need medesin,doctor,money for school,or what about when the rise harvest becomes bad. I met a man in a bar once who came from Nong Kai.he had give it all up.his farm ,house,wife, everything.he looked more like he had spent his vasted years in Bang Kwang!

>I am suprised that there are people who are willing to settle down in a rural or village location close to her family.sounds more like a nightmare to me!

I am not surprised at all.

Well, maybe I am: why am I not free to consider making that decission others have already made?

Had they been better than me in their farang life?

thank God no! some things in life is just not nessesarry to make ANY experience

---------------------------------

well, i would think you need to balance the bad stories with the good ones. I know quite a few farangs living upcountry, close to the family. I am sure they have their ::days, but that would be samesame back home too (you can choose your friends, but not your family), but they are happy to live upcountry in a small town. To each his own.

sure, there are horror stories, but maybe it was in the making from the word GO, and the guy, as so many, chose to ignore warning signs. hard to stereotype every possible LOS experience with words of cynical wisdom.

Descicions always depend on the impact that the descicion has on somebofy's life. In case of KS, aparently the descicion to put the house on his wife's name has a big impact on his life if the relationship falls apart. So he is considering it in another way as someone who has 50+ mio bath in the bank. Sounds solid to me and proves that he is not thinking from his heart only.

And I always say "Rich people have not become rich by throwing money around", but that is not the question here. Neither is trust. The fact that you are out in the cold as farang when you put the house on your wife's name and something goes wrong IS.

It's a sensible descicion; i've made it and concluded that i can afford it. And no, i do not have 50+ mio in the bank but am confident that i can more easy recover my living standard as my wife does.

In a scenic area and as a bolt hole to get out of the city I would consider a property in a rural area or village. My girlfriend also desires a place to stay with family and old friends from her village, and as a security in case of our relationship failing.

My preference for permanent living is the same as yours, to be within reach of a city with a modern infrastructure. Each to their own I guess.

Archived