NPF Fantasy football PREMIER LEAGUE

racha

Bloody hell !! I just went to the temple to see the monks and asked them for help to get back to the top of the Nana Football league and came back and logged on and there I am on top ::, K-Man has gone on a buying frenzy ::

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
frogpatrol said:

4 teams separated by 15 points with one final, and very unpredictable, match remaining.

Can only wish the Premiership was so exciting this week.

froggo

Yes, tis a pity that we have 8 totally meaningless games.

However an interesting / nerve wrecking evening in store for us tho' and not forgetting the decider in BM's Pompey comp as well.

Enjoy the evening ...

Cheers

K.

kman said:

What was I saying to you an hour or so ago about injuries .. Well it just went pear shaped .. :banghead: :banghead:

Cheers

K.

I can empathise with that. I had the same problems and the same intended solutions!

1. Want some likely Chelsea megascorers for what could be a turkeyshoot versus Leeds. Jimmy for Shearer seems obvious.

2. No-brainer: replace useless Robert with likely megascorer Lampard. He's going to try his guts out in the last game.

3. Phillips injured, so have to bring in someone like Djorkaeff for him.

However, this week I waited until the last minute and, unlike you, held off on Hasselbaink because I heard he was doubtful.

Also had second thoughts about Djorkaeff. Too obvious - others would buy him and, if we all have the same players, there's no way I can differentiate my score enough to win. So, my thoughts were to try to get different strikers, particularly those capable of scoring a hatful, even if they hadn't done so recently. Look for triers. And look for games where that sort of thing looked possible.

For that reason, I ignored Angel (too steady, only 1 goal a game, recovering from a twisted knee, playing against a Man Utd team playing for their places in the FA Cup).

Thought very hard about Defoe (potential goal machine, eager to prove himself to get into Euro 2004, playing against Wolves) but ultimately, I thought his team'd let him down. But you could also see a few goals against that Tottenham defence and Wolves have some in-form strikers. They're also cheap.

If I choose a Wolves striker, that leaves me with the money to buy into Owen. Although already qualified for the CL, Liverpool are in rampant form and their opponents, Newcastle, are both defensively fragile and yet need to attack in search of points. It's not too hard to see a scenario developing where Liverpool are able to murder them on the counter-attack. Jeez, I'm now considering Heskey too!

Charlton-Southampton looks a potentially high-scoring duel. Charlton's defence conceded 3 to Leeds and most of Southampton's is injured. Euell's capable of scoring the odd hat-trick so he goes on the consideration list.

On the other hand, Newcastle could get a trio of penalties from the pacy runs of Dyer, Ameobi and Bellamy which Shearer will convert...

The tension! The tension! Maybe I'm taking it a bit too seriously but were mine the only hands shaking at 11.25 this morning as I decided upon my final team?

Ultimately, I go for Owen and Camara, make Lampard my captain and hope. If they stumble while any of Defoe,Djorkaeff,Euell and Heskey revel, expect tears. But if one of them just happens, in a magical afternoon, to do enough to get me the title, expect to see a man doing a David Pleat dance down Sukhumvit when the final whistle blows.::

bibblies said:

.. try to get different strikers, particularly those capable of scoring a hatful, even if they hadn't done so recently. Look for triers. And look for games where that sort of thing looked possible...

Hmmm, that would be Yakubu in Portsmouth v Boro then! :doah:

If I'd simply got him instead of Camara, I'd have won the league!

Oh well, wasn't to be. Down to 4th this season after 3rd last time but still in Europe.

Congratulations, Racha. (Oooh, that hurt.::)

Yeah, I notice you've amended your team name already too. :D

Just wait until next season - look what happened to Robbie9God...

I think I actually finished higher overall than I did last season. The person who won the overall thing was in third and overcame a difference of 20 points on the last day.

Archived