NPF Fantasy football PREMIER LEAGUE

racha

sayjann said:

i better put this post here and not in the Euro 2004 thread as i do not want a 2nd Yellow Card.....

should Kman be banned from these Football competitions?.

he has had a very successful season and i hate him for it.

can i cope with the humilation if he beats me again in the Euro 2004 Comp?.

at least next season i can enter the competitions under a different name and no-one will know it's me and if Kman beats me.

do the decent thing Kman and give the others a chance. :)

LOL .. Such kind words Sayjann :bow:

I thought I actually did give everybody a chance as I didn't start concentrating till after Christmas. ::

Don't worry I'll be back next year looking to get the title off from Sir Racha.

As for the Euro2004 FF, bit of a lottery I reckon ..

BTW what do you fancy for the Derby ??

Cheers

K.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What strategy?

To say I was too focused on the Champions League to give a challenge here is laughable, all you need to do is look at my performance there, I was a :clown:

I tended to be a early buyer / seller. more from the point of view that I couldnt necessarily guarantee I would be in an internet cafe on saturday or friday ( combination of work / pub / hangover :angel: )

I did try to look for the double headers and plan the transfers a few weeks ahead and get form players in - Yakubu and Forsell worked, but Shearer, Hitzleperger didnt - but I always seemed to get hit by injuries and had to use my free transfer. As much as possible I didnt use the 4 ponter transfers just because the likelyhood of getting someone better I felt didnt justify the loss.

Some of my bargain basements worked out ok Davies, Rae, but some didnt Irwin, Perry. Some of my superstars worked out Henry obviously but some let me down at crucial times RVN & Shearer missing that fecking penalty.

Then of course you add in Wenger with his "oh hes a definate doubt" and you know who scores 7 goals in 2 games and the other misinformation thats passed around by managers. Wenger alone cost me about 50 points just in that 2 week spell. Perhaps more importantly the game itself was at fault with not updating injuries and suspensions. I found myself a couple of times selecting or buying players that couldnt play :nono:

Ah well, at least I improved from last year.

By the way, can anyone find last years table ?

As for league positios, ajarn.com came in at 47 ::

which had a very familiar sounding top 3 of

1 All Blacks Champions Racha Diver 73 62 504 1,970

2 Soi Park Gooners K Man 65 59 564 1,966

3 nana plaza frogs frog patrol 60 70 604 1,963

Are they related in any way to our boys? I think we should be told.

sayjann said:

'BTW what do you fancy for the Derby ??'

i'll probably go for one of the horses.....

Come on Sayjann get a grip.

As you know this is the NP Fantasy Football thread, so I'm talking about the 2 market leaders in next months Dog Derby, oh and not the one at The Thermae, the one at Wimbledon.

Said dogs are :

Premier Fantasy @ 9/4 &

Droopys Scholes @ 9/2

:beer:

Cheers

K.

Everyone,

Don't forget the end of season party at The Londoner (private room) on Saturday 22 May.

Starts about 7 pm with the FA Cup Final starting about 9 pm.

Lot's of food and drinks and all are welcome (well most all - sorry FJ not enough free drinks for you)!

Special Guest appearance by the in-famous "Carlsberg Girl".

Cheers!

Zaad,

As you will not be there tonight I will leave your prize with Pom Michael,

Dreamer,

As you will not be there tonight also, you can arrange with me a way to collect your winnings, any idea of your next trip at the moment,

All the others see you there tonight at the Londoner at 7.00pm !! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Wow,

The party is still going on in my head!!!

Great night out with the boys as usual. Thanks to Bhat_Man for the free beers, and to K_Man for drinks at Soi Racha after the party.

I left the party with 3 bottles of whisky, 3 t-shirts, a box of shot glasses and Zaad's winnings in an envelop. I woke up this morning with only Zaads envelop! Where did everything else go???

We need to get together again, maybe for the Euro 2004 championship game - normally that is on about 1:00 am here in Bangkok.

Cheers!

I'll be in town for the Euro 2004 Championships, so I'll join if there's going to be a party. I have missed enough free beer parties damnit, will change that for the better :beer:

Only my envelope you say? I knew you couldn't be trusted!!!

You haven't incidentally LTed the upstair katoey neighbor have you? :)

BTW, wasn't there going to be a stripper with the winner's jersey at the party? Well.....???????? :hubba:

Pom Michael said:I left the party with 3 bottles of whisky, 3 t-shirts, a box of shot glasses and Zaad's winnings in an envelop. I woke up this morning with only Zaads envelop! Where did everything else go???
Well I managed to hang on to a t-shirt, however I did lose a sock somewhere between Soi Racha and home :dunno:

As you say cracking night as usual :up:

Thanks guys, till the next time :beer:

Cheers

K.

Archived