Sending emails by phone?

whosyourdaddy

Well you can use a yahoo account with a cell phone. The address is wap.yahoo.com. You will have to sign in to one of the regional yahoos and they seem to be a bit spotty about logging in (on my phone at least) Yahoo Ierland&UK works for me at the moment.

> they seem to be a bit spotty about logging in

Yes, I have been having trouble with Yahoo! wap at the moment in Thailand with GPRS. The USA site won't work at all for last 2 weeks. Previously the UK site wouldn't work in parts- now it does. The UK site always remebrs my log in for some reason whereas the USA doesn't.

Hotmail also sends WAP email ok but I prefer Yahoo! wap email when it works. You can send messages longer than SMS and use the predictive text input as well.

Cheers,

Yes Ireland UK is the only one that seems to be able to set a login cookie, or what ever it uses. The other ones I have used are Australia, Canada and Singapore an US. I wasn't sure if it was just that I had an older terminal or that they are restricting the resource (which I suspect).

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest that when you ask this type of question, that you state what mobile you are using, what country you are in and what network you are using. Otherwise the answers you will get will be equally vague.

Good suggestion. But.. I am looking for a phone. I beleive most phones have the same model number in many parts of the world or at least features to be able to do such a thing

So I am in BKK> Looking for a phone on with GSM or CDMA networks and looking to send e-mails from a phone.

Back over to you for a less vague answer.

Virtually all GSM phones can send e-mails. It's up to the operator to provide such service (you send an SMS to the operator, which in turn convert the SMS into an e-mail). Contact AIS, DTAC or Orange to see if they have such service.

As for phones specifically enabled for e-mail (not using SMS converting): There are many such phones in the market. Probably, too many to mention here. Samsung has a nice one with a built in Palm PDA. The Sony P800 isn't bad and so on...check out the manufacturers web sites ;)

Archived