Young Dumb Farang!

JJsushi

I really think that the LOS P4P scene is bad for guys under the age of 25. I think that they become seriously damaged for future relationships with women.

There is a bar that I frequent that seems to have an unususal bevy of chicks around the 19yr old range(meaning the are wild, crazy and not as mature as the older BG's). Now when there are young women there will be young men.

There has recently been an influx of young men under the 27yr old age that take these women out. What is startling is that instead of the girls fawning over the guys the guys fawn over the girl!

I have observed numerous guys emotionally attach themselves to the young ladies that can care less about them. I have witnessed the girls playing the guys like a fiddle. They would be all over the guy with the kissing and cuddling and then 5 minutes later be in the lap of another young guy doing the same thing(whilst looking and smiling at the previous guy) or walking out the door with a guy that had pre-paid the barfine and called her on the mobile to come see him. The befuddled young fellow sits there stewing because he thought he was going to BF her especially after all of her whispers of "I like you" in his ear.

When this happens these young fellas have the longest faces or the most jealous looks. Some have stormed out of the bar and others looked as if they wanted to cry. I felt so bad for some of these chaps that I wanted to go over and say "Hey buddy don't be sad. . . she is a hooker, you can have a shot at her tomorrow!".

I feel bad for these young guys because to be played by a hooker might make you develop an unhealthy outlook towards relationships women(nevermind the fact tat you are doing P4P at an early age).

I was actually 25 when I had my first P4P experience. Fortunately for me I also had a regular girlfriend which prevented me from being caught up emotionally/romatically with hookers. I had time to develop myself emotionally unlike these guys I see at 18-25. I swear a few months ago I saw a couple of 16yr olds kids hanging out in NEP. . . WTF?.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I really think that the LOS P4P scene is bad for guys under the age of 25. I think that they become seriously damaged for future relationships with women.

Just yesterday, walking along the Jomtien Beach in Pattaya, spotted two young fellows (21-22) with bgs. The ladies were (in my poor judgement) considerably older then them.

Both guys were Aussies (according to their beach wear) and looked really attached to the girls.

My feeling was - too early for them to get sucked into the machine. In my opinion, both of the guys would have no troubles courting and winning any regular girl, Aussie or whatever.

Hope they escape what gets us.

I understand the point your making but I have heard this argument before. Judging from many posts on this site from broken hearted falang who are obviously above your cut off age (exactly what is that BTW :neener:) it would appear that people have their hearts broken regardless of experience.

Given that most guys in Thailand are hear to escape western women why shouldnt anyone be able to. Maybe they dont want a girlfriend in the traditional sense.. One thing for sure they will get some quick lessions in love, deciet, betrayal and then moving on. :grinyes:

I WISH I was introduced to the scene at an earlier age, preferably just after college. That way I would be damaged early and have a means to fulfill the dream before I get too old. One has a lot to think about after their first trip to LOS. The question is how much longer will one have to DO something about it???

Oneye

jj, I came here when I was pretty young (22) but what stopped me getting involved with these girls was the fact that I saw so many older guys that had been f&^*ed up by them (emotionally, financially and in some cases physically) that I just stepped back and enjoyed the ride ... but I knew when it was time to get off :grinyes:

it would appear that people have their hearts broken regardless of experience

---------------------------------

and then move on, younger guys may not be as experienced at dealing with a broken heart in an environment where you may lack a strong support system. It can be very sad, and the only solution is for them to finally get some $$ from home and go back, because they lost everything in LOS.

I agree with JJSushi, the average young westerner is at a distinct disadvantage. A young guy that doesn't get taken emotionally, financially, etc. is the exception to the rule, hell. He has no prior experience with getting his heart broken, breaking hearts himself or experiencing the types of things in relationships most of us have. I thought I was worldly before I came to LOS and was taught a lesson or two.

In the west I've seen it with guys from small rural backgrounds and then they come to a major urban university and meet sophisticated little coeds or after college they take a job in a major city like NYC or Los Angeles and the women are far more sophisticated in relationships than they are.

A lot of those guys will be ruined. Youth...and BGs are wasted on the young.

Archived