Young Dumb Farang!

JJsushi

Hi P127,

You are dead right, we don't want to think it's just for the money, we do like to retain our self esteem. I tend to restrict myself to a just a few BGs who I see regularly and have got to know quite well. This way it doesn't feel like prostitution, but deep down I know it is. The newbies to the scene have yet to accept this as fact 99.9% of the time and subsequently are in danger of financial/emotional damage. :beer:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This way it doesn't feel like prostitution, but deep down I know it is.

-----------------------

the best memories are when it feels like prostitution, but deep down it is not (or more than it), because you were in touch with a human being and gave yourself the pain to go behind the obvious and trivial sex.

newbies

-------------------

I am not sure newbies are at a disadvantage. It's more the personality/casual sex experience, of the guy that decides how deep one gets involved or wishful thinking. I can't count the numbers of farangs who said: "i had it down pretty well, no attachment, but now, this girl......"

Most of what you say is true, but we dont live in a perfect world..here

there or anywhere..

Either perfect in a material, emotional or whatever way..

I passed through when i was young, very briefly & passed through

a few times more later on..had a relationship with a bg at about

27..it was a tissue of lies from probably both of us..

& now i know that a rel. with a BG is not going to happen..

Older falangs can be ruined and since they have more money can end up losing more money but tend to agree with JJSushi because the older falangs have been able to form what is regarded as 'healthy' relationships but the younger ones may not ever form what we characteristically refer to as 'healthy' relationships if they come to LOS early on and are 'ruined' by the experience.

(The portion of the post deleted by TTM - Mod. Irrelevant to the thread)

The Thai women have unique skills that may be overkill for most young guys. There are some on this board that have had their fun in Brazil, Cuba, Amsterdam, etc. and other places and thought they were worldly and then came to Thailand were blown away.

The same young guy would not be as likely to be ruined if he were in Amsterdam. LOS is unique.

Personally, I've had the opportunity to travel at a fairly early age, grew up in an urban environment where I've seen some adult things first hand, been all sorts of relationships, almost all kinds of scenarios, getting hurt and breaking hearts along the way and thought I knew it all...till I came to LOS.

Plenty of guys under 25 have had the time to decide that Western women and Western women's ideas, values and wants are not what they want.

I agree with the people who say that anyone unprepared, regardless of age, can get hurt or ruined here.

I first came here at age 22, and at that age found myself giving advice to newbie guys in their fifties already losing it and professing love for these girls after a few days.

Not that I was or am and expert, but I knew at the age of 22, hell 20, that American women didn't do it for me. I was always after something foreign, and I sought it out through travels and such.

I think the difference for me not being ruined early, is that I had people here when I arrived that knew what they were doing.

I have seen the opposite side too. I knew several guys here around the same age, some did fine, some didn't.

The one glaring exception was a 17 year-old kid from North Dakota who was sent here by his mom to study Muay Thai. He didn't have to work, had money rolling in from mommy and he discovered the scene.

Needless to say what happened to him was the equivilant of human train wreck. Mommy did eventually cut him off and drag him back home (a year later or so) and once he went back I heard he ended up in jail somewhere.

But I have also seen the forty something guy who came here owning his own business, drining coke in the bars (recovering alcoholic) and seeming reasonable. Two years later though the same guy is jobless, living in his bargirl's apartment and smoking yaa-baa everyday.

So it goes both ways. It is an individual thing, not an age one.

I might seem a bit harsh now, but I do not feel sorry for a guy whom gets screwed (financially or emotionally) by a professional woman.

How old do one need to be, before one knows that a prostitute is there for the money?

I have heard numerous stories and also observed many times how the "young guns" expect to play for free. Just because they are young and handsome.

Nope, I don't feel sorry for them.

Sailor

and thought I knew it all...till I came to LOS.

---------------------

Personally, I find the prostitution scene in LOS, as far as inflicting pain, both heart and cash, rather mild. usually, the guy loses himself, without too much help from the girls. BGs are just not fitting the definition of the Femme Fatale as we know it in the west. They are very good comedians for 3 days, but after that, you can see what you are dealing with, and problems surface more than schemes or planified seduction. What makes a guy fall is not just a girl, but a total infatuation for the place.

[color:"red"] I have heard numerous stories and also observed many times how the "young guns" expect to play for free. Just because they are young and handsome.

Nope, I don't feel sorry for them. [/color]

Mister,

Another lesson that young people in the world typically need to learn - Age and experience will usually beat youth and beauty. I don't think you are being particularly harsh; everyone needs to suffer a bit in order to develop their character.

Harlequinan

Archived