The Definative Crackdown Thread

> There is a new regulation in effect that requires all of the bars to submit copies of the ID's of all girls that work in their bar to the police.

I would be happy to visit a bar with this policy as I would be sure not to find any underage girls and it would definitely reduce the risk of theft. No guarantee for good service though ;)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was over near the Palace around one of the areas mentioned in the paper. The area was loaded with police. Some were grouped 4 to 5 to a bunch. Sat down had a reading with a fortune teller. He had a young Thai lady with him. Asked her what the problem was and she said it was too many Falangs wanting short time with Thai ladies. Did not stay long.

> There is a new regulation in effect that requires all of the bars to submit copies of the ID's of all girls that work in their bar to the police.

I may be wrong but I am not sure this is a new regulation, I believe all businesses are meant to register their employees.

"Asked her what the problem was and she said it was too many Falangs wanting short time with Thai ladies and drugs"

This has more to do with the recent general crackdown aka Chuwit,Apec and terrorist threats.IMHO

PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN IN DOUBT ALWAYS BLAME THE FARANG :: :banghead:

Classic bullhshit perception on the partof this individual-

Good idea you left though :: :up:

So once again, my Q: Do brines go down when shows and showing subside? Or do bribe prices stay up, like drink prices in go-go bars?

It'll be better after October, but I still say this is discrimination against world leaders who want to see the shows.

Copied from the other thread by eyebee

"Both Frozen and Big Willie's in Walking Street, Pattaya were closed tonight. Frozen has definitely been shut by the police (I saw the police orders on the door, and one of my friends tells me it was raided last night) . Not sure about Big Willie's as I didn't go up there, but I imagine it's been shut by the police as well.

I'm sad about Frozen, as it was one of my favourite bars, had great shows, and many of the girls used to wander around topless - probably why it was shut.

If it carries on like this, soon there won't be any gogos left in Pattaya! "

I was in the big P for the weekend and on the crummy english language cable news channel they have, there was a feature about the two bars. apparently they had been doing vibrator and dildo shows. Or as they described them on the news "electrically powered plastic male members".

But there were still a few bars that went topless either totally or a split.

To be honest, I am not that worried about the bikini situation. As long as I get an idea of whats there, its ok ( as in no baby drag, cellulite, C section scar.. )

What I am more worried about is 600B bar fines - Mistys - and 120B vodka and cokes - Polo. :nono:

The_Numbers here with a bit of hearsay I picked up on the BTS this week about this "crackdown" thread.

:D

Saw a longtime NEP Mamasan on the way to her night of sheep herding and barfines. She eagerly chatted me up, and said the bars will be shut at NEP around the end of the month. :eek:

Everyone expects something to happen, but this sounds really melodramatic!!

Thank god that with reliable sources like Ms. Mamasan the possibility the info is inaccurate remains high. ::

She was rather chipper, "Oh, they will reopen in a few weeks or a month, its just the same old thing - I am happy to get a chance to go back to Chiang Mai." "I've been saving up for awhile to go visit family."

just another cold season, but with more boys in brown.. kisses to Thaksin.

we shall see..

the_numbers

I was planning a trip to BKK around sept 5th but now am reconsidering whether I should reschedule it for late October or early November. Definitely dont want to waste a trip to the big mango if gogo's are closed or girls are dancing in bluejeans. What about places like Eden club? Are they at all affected by the crackdown?

When exactly is APEC? Will the crackdown loosen up right after the meeting ends or will it take a few more months after October?

Seeing as I only get to come to Bangers about 2 times a year, would it be a good time to reschedule?

Archived