The Definative Crackdown Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd reschedule if I were you. They seem pretty serious about the crackdown "at the moment". Only time will tell how long it lasts. Only one gogo I know of in Pattaya where it's business as usual. Sorry, no names; we don't know who's listening :shhh:

Covered up is about as dull as the girls' faces who are equally upset about the crackdown.

One bar manager tonight said that a pleasant spin off from this crackdown is that he has been able to slash his monthly wages bill for the girls because now they all dance covered up. As a result they are more money hungry for the less number of punters visiting, and he's noticed the rate of girls being barfined has increased.

Less lewd shows on stage, but more lewd shows in the hotel bedrooms. And more out of work gogo dancers move to cheaper beer bars. Social Order crackdown drives more girls into prostitution at cheaper prices. TIT :: :beer:

Says ultras67:

What I am more worried about is 600B bar fines - Mistys - and 120B vodka and cokes - Polo.
:nono:

You need not worry about Polo any more - it was shut by the police tonight! Yet another sanuk place gone - where will it end? :(

Only one gogo I know of in Pattaya where it's business as usual. Sorry, no names; we don't know who's listening

I think it would be good if other people were as conscious about this as you are. There has been a few uncanny instances when something long term status quo was mentioned on this board and the next day, poof gone. It's actually tempting to setup a sting with a video cam to verify this by seeding the board with something juicy and seeing if a special task comes running in to investigate.

Escape Rabbit: This is a good idea. Okay, I'll set the bait, here it is: Oh, My, total showing at Casanova and Obsession in Nana Plaza. Ain't seen nothing like it before. Oh, I hope the boys in brown never get wind of this!

Okay, let's see if they get raided. :grinyes:

Maybe some of this being registered is no taxes are being paid for the health benefits working people have to pay which bars have not been doing on all the employees. Work is work regardless of what type it is. New visa prices, and there was some mention that businesses that do not show a certain amount of income after a few years would not be legal any more.

Alot of people use these companies as a way to get long term visas and buy property to hide their assets from their spouse (thai wife) Thais also do this.

If someone knows better which for sure there is many, bar owners have to pay so much each month for each employee to the health system which has become or always has been under funded. What about taxes on wages I think 7% (maybe I am confusing this with another tax but uncle somsak would like some revnue before it hits the village. For every 10 bar girls working how many get taxes deducted from wages or paid. Maybe once these taxes are paid the police can get paid more legally and this will cut down on the massage places and other bribes specialy the road stops just before school starts up each year. In more ways than one does it benefit the government to get a handle on the tax situation. I even heard mention of the Thai government scheme to tax long term visa holders on their foreign income but this hushed quickly. Maybe if they put a 10 baht entry fee by the door for each place a customer visits for tax revenue, the closing hours and clothes issue will clear up (off or whatever). You may see any time a local girl enters your hotel you may have to pay a 7% tax fee on her according to hotel room rate or 50 % room rate for second person (some of you may have to pay alot). What about if you pay a bf for a registered worker they issue her a tax collected receipt on the bf. This revenue stream has just started but you will see more. This would make the lottery obsolete for revenue. Enjoy these tax free maidens while you can as for sure there will be more to come. Don't think you can pay the short time tax either because the lease receipt will have time of lease (time left bar) with sign out book kept at place of business with her normal off days and hours of work listed. I have submitted my resume to the Thai tax office to administer these policies for them, as there is always some way to hook and crook some other foreigner (these falangs you see on bicycles around Pattaya are doing the feasability statement now). If you are going to own or run a country you need to have a brewery and Nuke weapon ( quote, Frank Zappa or George Carlin), if you do not have one or the other you need to know how to tax prostitution ( this is quote from me). This tax option is just newly implemented since the WTO arrived (they also need funds along with Green Peace (piss) ( green peace demanded these guys ride bicycles). This is only a start wait until you see the ideas I have with these subsequent 90 day visas. You think Takasin got rich off his government sponsored monopoly of the telephone system. You think the Thai governement is going to continue to try to provide you meager pensioners with hauling off your shit (sewage), somewhat pottable water, roads and cheap electric, think again. Go back home and see what your own government charges you for keeping up a infastructer and to haul your shit around. No longer does Thailand need your meager pensions (they have the Chinesse and WTO).

Welcome cruel world APEC is here. ( sorry buds english is not the language for money anymore try mandarin. Hey falang you thinking of a reverse eye operation yet. Why do you think the Japanesse let there econmy go for the last 10 years (they have been to busy expanding in other areas , China and Thailand is a list of 2 and now they just need to get

the profits up to where they are use to. So until they have Soi Cowboy ( imperial lust) Nana (Sony bony) and Patpong (Toyota, my god ota) it will not cool down). I sure ama glad I stayed home working and saving for several years rather than break down to the temptations of lust, I have bank rolled alot of Yen. I am sorry to say I will not be seing many of you

Falangs around in the future when I arrive, with this bank roll.

Just think only a few falangs around the nightlife. WOW, damn, anyone with more than a 2 inch pecker will probably be getting paid for action so you long timers I am just a few years and yen away from future paradise. So stickman you better be practicing up on your mandarin. What a great life it is going to be for me. On closing I hope no one takes this serious the same as the crack down as there is no such thing as normal any place any time just remember how good you had it for a bit of time, in your life and do not stress on the small stuff in life's adventure. I hope we all get to leave this life with a smile on our face and a few Yen in our pockets (for the last flame, Bic lighter made in China) on our departure.

Final note if there is only 2 people left on this world and one of them is a certain religion THERE WILL BE A WAR.

Enjoy whatever you can of Thailand when you can no matter how bad it is because there is much worse. :beer:

Archived