The Definative Crackdown Thread

OK, so for obvious reasons we now go into subversive mode.

Are we saying that we are being "watched" ?

Could the bars themselves not be "watched" ? From other posts it would seem that the boys in brown have switched uniforms and are now (not so) undercover.

I understand your reasoning Old Hippie but I can also see Jacko's point. This is the forum where we have decided to meet and share our views, comments and yes, information.

Perhaps we should introduce our own enigma machine and short / long (time) code books.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be in BKK right at the end of APEC, Nov. 22-24. I've read about the Gov't crackdown here. Since I've not been there before, I won't have any comparison to what is was like prior to this. So while it may not be as visualy entertaining as it might be, will there be any actual closing of "entertainment outlets"? And if there is, wouldn't that just shift the action over to freelance places like Angles Disco, Thermaes, etc? This would actually result in a cheaper time w/o the bar fine aspect. I'm going to Kon Samui from Nov 25-29 and want to take a girl from BKK there as company. I'll welcome any sugesstions :bow:

Poskat

Others will be better placed to advise about BKK than I but I don't think it necessary to take food to the restaurant (girl to Samui). I've always found the bars in Lamai have many nice attractions and the girls' attitudes are usually spot on.

Cheaper by far as well, not including the plane ticket, bar fine whilst she is away etc.

Hi guys,

I have to admit that I am getting a bit worried!

My plane leaves Frankfurt on the 16th of Oct. and I was planning upon arrival in BKK to spend 3 nights there, than 7 nights in Samui and again 4 nights in the City of Angels.

Now I a worried, that everything will be closed around the 17th of Oct.?? :down::banghead:

Shall I change my plans and fly directly to Samui??? ::

H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaW

P.S.: I am not so worried about the "showing" as I do not like these shows anyway, but if The gogs, thermaiiii, Eden and so on will be completely closed, that would be a bitch! :cussing:

Hi all,

Well, this is a fine situation we are all in, Aint it ?

I have been reading various news reports, trying to figure out what the whole mess is about.. and Im sort of confused.

The last poster Spoke of everything being closed by the 17th of october ? I have not really understood this to be the case in my researches. Did i miss something ?

In a news artice in the post (bangkok), the reasoning is to licence, and tax all establishments such as massage parlours and gogo's, and of couse to keep the girls cloths on while in the public eye (on stage ). I dont think they will be shut down for good.

Once the establishments get a licence and obey the non-nude rul, Things should be back to "normal"

We hope.....

its All speculation however... only time will tell. Im due in LOS in early February, and I hope this is all sorted out by then.

I hope to meet some of you for a beer

Pee_Talay

::

From BKK-Post

SOCIAL ORDER CRUSADE

Accent now on nipples and genitals

Temsak Traisophon

A proposal to ban public performances in which genitals or women's nipples are displayed will be submitted to Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Maleenond as part of the government's crackdown on lewd sex shows.

Interior deputy permanent secretary Anucha Mokhawes said the proposal was formulated at a meeting of police, health and local administration officials.

The meeting also discussed how the crackdown on lewdness should be applied to traditional massage parlours.

Mr Anucha said there were an estimated 2,000 massage parlours in Bangkok alone.

``It turns out that some of them provide commercial sex to customers,'' he said.

Mr Anucha said the meeting of officials agreed that both massage parlours and spas should be allowed to continue to operate.

However, it was necessary that they come under closer scrutiny.

My latest look in at Patpong shows someone really got a burr up their ass. The no shows and nudity seems to be enforced with an iron fist. I couldn't stop laughing as I was walking past screw boys on PP1 and noticed even the gogo boys were all wearing short sleaved shirts!!! For the normal places with shows, it seems a new form of tolerable show is taking form as a cabaret show. Weak, and I don't see the current level of supression lasting. It's so tame, it's making Singapore look naughty.

Archived